Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 Acura TLX, V6, P-AWS, Advance package
1,127 Posts
Couldn't help but play with your image of your TLX. Here's a quick look at blacked out window trim.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Don't know where you are located, but I like your neighbor's flag!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Personally, I love the abundance of chrome on the windows, it makes the shapes more elegant.
S

kb1spec
Personally, I love the abundanR=36038][/USER]
Personally, I love the abundance of chrome on the windows, it makes the shapes more elegant.
So kb1spec post with blackout chrome looks aggressive to you but my black car looks elegant with chrome. I'm not looking for elegance. Sorry. I know he has done more mods, but that's my intention also. Furthermore, there are far too many black sedans with chrome surrounds out there. I want to be different. I do appreciate your input. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Acura TLX, V6, P-AWS, Advance package
1,127 Posts
Sorry I mean the windows. I don't know what State you are in. Some State don't like your window too dark.
My daughter relocated from FL to MD. To get her Civic registered in MD, she needed a one-time inspection that found the tint was too dark (needed in FL) and needs to be removed to get the inspection passed. The tech mentioned that after removal of tint, $150, the tint could be reapplied after the inspection!! What a racquet!! Here in NY, we have an annual inspection, where a "too dark" tint would be not be passed.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TLX Type S, 355 hp, twin turbo, curb weight 4221 lbs a little heavy
145 Posts
My daughter relocated from FL to MD. To get her Civic registered in MD, she needed a one-time inspection that found the tint was too dark (needed in FL) and needs to be removed to get the inspection passed. The tech mentioned that after removal of tint, $150, the tint could be reapplied after the inspection!! What a racquet!! Here in NY, we have an annual inspection, where a "too dark" tint would be not be passed.
Once you remove the tinted, since she live in MD, there is inspection in MD every year so don't reapply unless moving out of MD.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts