Black Copper Pearl picture thread

37K views 28 replies 21 participants last post by  hmbecker3 
#1 ·
Post pictures of your Black Copper Pearl Acura TLX

See less See more
#13 ·
Any regrets on your color choice?

#21 ·
For all of the BCP owners, how has your paint held up? I am getting my BCP this week and am trying to decide on whether or not to get a paint protectant offered by the dealer.

Also, have any of you regretted not getting a protectant?

Or if you did get are you happy with it? It seems like it could be more if you get it.

I do more city driving than highway driving, not sure if that makes a difference.

Thank you for your input!!!!!!

#22 ·
For all of the BCP owners, how has your paint held up? I am getting my BCP this week and am trying to decide on whether or not to get a paint protectant offered by the dealer.

Also, have any of you regretted not getting a protectant?

Or if you did get are you happy with it? It seems like it could be more if you get it.

I do more city driving than highway driving, not sure if that makes a difference.

Thank you for your input!!!!!!
I bought my BCP Certified Used (was a dealer loaner). I'm only assuming there wasn't any protectant as there are tons of scratches, swirls, etc. I don't see any chips to speak of. Once the NY winter ends (about June haha) I will be looking into a full detailing and potentially opti-coat at that time. The shine I see on everyone's new car, or opti-coated car is amazing... would like mine to look at least similar, but the swirls right now kill me.

Reactions: andre12dbsi
#28 ·
I've owned black and white cars... black looks super sweet when clean... but esp. here in the NE in the winter from the salt on the roads its looks just awful. I don't think you can win with any color unless you spend a lot of time on the car (which my wife will say I do washing on average 1x per week.

I tried the middle ground with the graphite gray this time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.