Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, recently had a bird do his business on my white TLX in Chicago while I was in the office all day. When I removed the crap, there was an obvious yellow stain on my passenger side mirror. IT WILL NOT COME OFF.

Any suggestions on how I can remove this?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,006 Posts
Here's a quick search result!

·
Registered
255 Posts
It would seem that these feathered fliers have carefully chosen their resting area...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I've had good luck with simple green in situations like that... I just use directly on a soft cloth and then wipe... if successful, go wax your TLX to help with future encounters.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I read it somewhere, simple green should not be used on car paint. Make sure it is safe before you use simple green.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Chemical Guys V7 to remove it with a soft microfiber cloth. Chemical Guys Blacklight has some minor abrasives in it that may remove the stain.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
A Bounce sheet works wonders on dead bugs and other stains.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I wouldn't use simple green on paint, it's harsh enough on wheels; i've stripped honda clear coat on factory polished wheels with it. i always keep a bottle of quick detailer and a microfibre towel or two in the car incase.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
In past vehicles I've used Simple Green in the engine bay after a Canadian winter with excellent results. I'd be hesitant to use it on the paint though as others have said.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts