Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Heres a photo of my TL Type-S Brembo calipers off the 06-08. Everything bolted up directly. You need to shave off the brake dust shield. Also need 1mm spacer ( behind rotors ) or washers ( on caliper were the 19mm bolts in). Driven for 1month with no issues. View attachment 26591 View attachment 26592
Hi sir, looks great, I have a question, do you need a spacer for wheel clearance for the calipers not hitting the wheel, or there was enough clearance>

· Registered
23 Posts
I've used the genesis Caliper with 0,75 mm Spacer for mounting. Also a small pipe over the M12 screw to fit the M14 Hole from the TLX.
The other was the Honda Accord rotor with 320mm x 32mm from Europe.
It's a very good brake, but i've to mount them after powdercoating to take a photo.

· Registered
22 Posts
Heres a photo of my TL Type-S Brembo calipers off the 06-08. Everything bolted up directly. You need to shave off the brake dust shield. Also need 1mm spacer ( behind rotors ) or washers ( on caliper were the 19mm bolts in). Driven for 1month with no issues.

View attachment 26591
View attachment 26592
Did you have to use wheel spacers or the stock rims cleared this setup.

· Registered
22 Posts
So this is a complete bolt up kit? All you need to do is take the calipers off the 3rd gen TL and it’ll work? Besides shaving the brake dust shield is there anything else that you need to do?
So I have done this modification to my 2020 TLX, if you are interested I have the setup ready to go, modified OEM Type S Acura Calipers, Acura Type S Rotors, Acura Type S brake pads, and Bokts, and brake line oil gaskets. I am in need of selling as my wife will be taking this car and I have a 2023 Type S on order. The only thing with this setup is the stock rims will not work without spacers, and you would need aftermarket wheels that would clear the caliper, it sticks out from Rotor about 2.5 inches. The easiest solution is to run spacers. Attached are pictures of the prototype made with aluminum cast non finished calipers with a used set of spindles from Acura TLX. These calipers where machined to .001 flatness with custome made fixtures to not scratch and be able to indicate the calipers to machine within .+\-.001 tolerance. If anyone interested this is the same Modification done by DC5 creations, drop me a line I have all parts to do direct bolt. The only thing would be spacers for stock wheels, and or some aftermarket wheels should work but spacers is saving grace, drop me a line if anyone interested in buying I will be posting on EBay for sale. Picture is from the 2006 ASpec 18in wheel, from OEM Acura wheel, that wheel should clear no issues. If interested in buying all brand new direct bolt on drop me a line. In this post and I will get in touch for buying from me.

Attachments

· Registered
22 Posts

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts