Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the best tire width that could go on the 18" OEM rims ? Many initial reviewers on the Internet complained about the 225 width choice by Acura, either Eagles or Potenzas but I never came across a recommend specs for good 18" tire that would improve driving experience but also maintained good ride quality. Thoughts ?

·
Registered
75 Posts
going with a slightly wider tire like a 235mm shouldn't change the ride quality. The problem is the rim width itself is not very big so fitting a wider tire on that rim wouldn't make much sense and once you go wider it's probably not recommended on a narrower rim size.
Aftermarket 18" wheels have bigger widths for instance my 3 series came with 8.5" rear wheels that had 255mm width tires mounted on it from the factory. I know many people with 9-10" width wheels and they mount 265-285 width tires.
Pretty sure tirerack has a calculator for tire size specs that are possible based on rim specs (diameter and width).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.