Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to need to get new tires within the next 6 months, so I need your advice: What tires do you recommend? I'm not looking for super handling summer tires; just good, quiet ride with long tread life. Looking forward to your feedback, y'all!

·
Registered
55 Posts
The two tires I was considering was Continental ExtremeContact and Micheline Pilot Sport. I went with the Micheline Pilot Sport AS3s and I am very happy with them. The are definitely quieter than the no-flats that were on it before but, more importantly, the traction is excellent. I can hit the gas now and the car moves instead of spinning the tires. I am not sure how much tread life I am going to get. I am not an aggressive driver. My previous car had Goodyears but those tires would start to show the steel cords when the tires were only a couple years old and they are supposed to be 60,000 mile tires. You can search tires on this site and there is a lot of information.

·
Registered
2021 TLX Type S (had 1994 Integra GSR 4DR)
75 Posts
I have the Pilot Sport 4s's but they dont have long life. They have discontinued the Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ but I put the Pilot Sport All Season 4's on my sons car and they are quiet and seem to be rated for a long tread life.

Just my 2c

·
Registered
2018 Acura TLX 2.4L Tech pkg
37 Posts
I just had Continental Pure Contact LS tires installed about a month ago. I did a lot of research and these seemed to come out on top for the price range I had. $182/tire (Discount Tire). Very little road noise and seem to handle very well, 70,000 mile warranty. Also didn't know until I bought them that Continental tires come with road side assistance with tire purchase.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts