Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 TLX. Battery going dead after sitting for two days and my windows and sun roof will open by themselves. After some research there has been some issues with the Bluetooth module. Disconnected it and no difference. I can hear the doors trying to un lock occasionally while driving and sitting. Seems to be no pattern, completely random. Thinking that the doors unlocking is running the battery dead and opening the windows. Anyone else had this problem or knows how to fix it ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Since the unlock on the remote can open the windows and sunroof, I think I would try switching remotes and take the battery out of the one your using. Perhaps it is continuously sending a signal to unlock the doors.

·
Registered
2021 TLX 2.0T ADV/AWD Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony
151 Posts
The other thing I'd do is replace the main battery. It's four years old and that puts it at the far end of its expected service life in these cars. If you skim the forum you'll see many reports of an older batter causing myriad forms of bad behavior even though it appears to crank and start normally. Apparently it doesn't take much of a volts drop before systems start to go mildly insane.

My MDX and TLX are on a three-year battery replacement schedule as a maintenance item since the MDX started showing odd behavior (much like yours) at 40 months. Battery replacement cured all issues. My dealers service manager has no explanation, but does acknowledge that my car is not the only one he's seen where odd behavior in the electrics was tamed by a new battery, even though the existing unit passed their draw-down and initial impulse tests without problems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2018 TLX. Battery going dead after sitting for two days and my windows and sun roof will open by themselves. After some research there has been some issues with the Bluetooth module. Disconnected it and no difference. I can hear the doors trying to un lock occasionally while driving and sitting. Seems to be no pattern, completely random. Thinking that the doors unlocking is running the battery dead and opening the windows. Anyone else had this problem or knows how to fix it ?
Try making sure the key fobs are 20 feet+ aways from the car...at least 15 feet. Let's try to isolate the problem...I may be able to help you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts