Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Summest,

Just wondering... I know the exhaust is hidden on the TLX. The V6 has dual exhaust... does the i4 also?

I like how there is more minimalistic badging on the TLX, but I guess the only way to tell the difference between an i4 and a V6 superficially is by the OEM wheels. (Or LED foglamps, if equiped.)

·
Registered
423 Posts
The 4 Cylinder has the dual exhaust too @rocket_pup

Your right about the rims and fogs, although the fogs can be added to any TLX but I doubt many people upgrade to these (they aren't functional).

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Hi Summest,

Just wondering... I know the exhaust is hidden on the TLX. The V6 has dual exhaust... does the i4 also?

I like how there is more minimalistic badging on the TLX, but I guess the only way to tell the difference between an i4 and a V6 superficially is by the OEM wheels. (Or LED foglamps, if equiped.)
Looks like my questions were answered for me.

When I went to the dealer, the first thing I did was look under the car for the exhausts. :) They are dual. My sister got a new Hyundai and she said her exhausts were tucked back as well.

I remember someone mentioned that the Acura badging on the back was not there like the TLX. I had to go out to my car at work to check. It's odd but on the Russian versions that I saw (2), the Acura badge is there.

I guess one of the biggest giveaways is the gearshift. In the I4, we have a shift knob. On the V6 it is all buttons.

You can buy fog lights for the I4 as an accessory, but most say the LEDs over shine the fog lights. Most get the fog lights for the looks.

Are you finding yourself around the car okay?
There is a lot to learn.

·
Registered
438 Posts
bigger 18" wheels is also a difference between V6 and i4 i believe, but may be hard to spot if you do not know what the 2 look like (17" vs 18")

·
Registered
666 Posts
With after market wheels installed for winter and/or summer, 19" Acura wheels, and some I4 owners trading up to the V6 makes it even hard to distinguish them. We are back to looking inside for a gearshift control.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts