Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering......now that my purchase experience is over and finally got my TLX, is it against forum rules to post about bad experiences/dealers to avoid?

·
Registered
93 Posts
i was just wondering......now that my purchase experience is over and finally got my TLX, is it against forum rules to post about bad experiences/dealers to avoid?
I think that should be a plus because if you can prevent a customer going through a bad experience it serves to the customer as well as to the good dealers who do a good job & make you feel like a customer. And the bottom line let's reward the good ones & give them the opportunity to make a difference.

·
Registered
251 Posts
No censorship on stuff like that here. And now that you've brought it up you'll have to tell us what is going on. I take it that your dealer was in Toronto? That scares me since I also live in Toronto! Let us know about your experience.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
my dealer (where i got my TLX) was very good and professional and i have had no issues throughout the purchasing process, but i also went through a few other dealers in the process too and those are another story. i have been holding off sharing my experiences until i take delivery and ownership of my TLX first.

i also have a friend who wanted to get an acura too, which in itself was another purchasing experience with a couple of WTF encounters with some dealers

ya i am in the GTA

either way, out of respect for the forum admins (because i dunno if there are affiliates here), i am going to wait for the mod's direct approval first before i proceed to share my experiences

Reactions: J233

·
Registered
727 Posts
Another good thing to do is check out online how they rank, I find that more and more people are starting to use google reviews, a valuable enough tool in a case like this.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
some are sketchy actually, i was told that at dealerrater, if the dealership is affiliated or is a "certified dealer" all negative reviews gets filtered out or wont get posted, and only positive reviews will be shown on the website so it appears the dealer has been scoring nothing but good scores 100% of the time

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/www-dealerrater-ca-1486307/

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Good Idea

Speaking with the another super moderator, we felt this is a good idea.

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
I like the idea as well. I'm wondering though if any of the dealers will go after the people making the claims? Just playing devils advocate.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the idea as well. I'm wondering though if any of the dealers will go after the people making the claims? Just playing devils advocate.
unless you are complaining about the dealership where you actually bought the car, i doubt they can do much.

usually, you will go get the car at the dealership where you feel most comfortable with, after weeding out all the other not-so-comfortable ones. in those cases, we are just walk-in window shoppers

i would hope that when we make a negative feedback, it will not be a baseless one. best if a reason will be provided too, or just tell us what happened in your experience. a baseless smear campaign would not have been nice

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Agreed. And don't forget. I said I like the idea. Lol

The problem I can see is that sometimes people get pretty emotional when they feel hard done by and may embellish what actually happened. If a particular dealership is named and they have a different account of what happened I can see them trying to defend the name of their dealership.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
well then i will suggest:

- if its a good feedback, name the dealership and the person involved - to give them the recognition for their service

- if its a negative feedback, name the dealership only but dont point specific names of the person (refer them as "salesperson, sales manager" etc), to cover our arses

ADD:
and take 3 deep breaths first before posting

Reactions: Summest

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Yep. That should work. I'm just trying to think ahead based on things I've seen in other forums.

I suggest we try it out and if it gets out of hand maybe the mods can jump in.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok i will start then, let's separate threads into regions (i doubt our amerifriends are interested in our rantings for dealers north of the border, and i doubt i am interested in quebec dealers either)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Agreed its a good idea. If the feedback is honest and actionsble, a dealer should value it as opposed to get defensive. Its their opportunity to impress ve, even if tjey finf the lesson harsh.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so.....nobody else interested in writing feedback for GTA besides myself and HAx5? i dont want to turn that thread into a self ranting one lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well, I picked up my TLX today from Markham Acura. It is my third vehicle purchased from this dealership. As usual, it was a very good overall experience. I have always dealt with the same salesman because he is very knowledgeable and I have always felt good about the deal he gives me. I have talked to people at other dealerships in the GTA but always come back to Markham Acura when it comes time to buy. If anyone is looking for a good dealership in the GTA, I would suggest this one. My salesman, Daniel Sun, has always been very good to me and I will definitely go back to him for my next one. He has never tried to sell me anything that I don't want, although in this case he couldn't because I got the SH-AWD Elite. Anyway, if anyone is looking for a no nonsense, straightforward and knowledgeable sales person in the GTA, give Daniel at Markham Acura a visit.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I picked up my TLX today from Markham Acura. It is my third vehicle purchased from this dealership. As usual, it was a very good overall experience. I have always dealt with the same salesman because he is very knowledgeable and I have always felt good about the deal he gives me. I have talked to people at other dealerships in the GTA but always come back to Markham Acura when it comes time to buy. If anyone is looking for a good dealership in the GTA, I would suggest this one. My salesman, Daniel Sun, has always been very good to me and I will definitely go back to him for my next one. He has never tried to sell me anything that I don't want, although in this case he couldn't because I got the SH-AWD Elite. Anyway, if anyone is looking for a no nonsense, straightforward and knowledgeable sales person in the GTA, give Daniel at Markham Acura a visit.
hi, can you post this again in the ontario dealer feedback please, so all feedbacks in the area are in one big thread? thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts