Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wipe the backup camera down very regularly as snow and rain dirty it and I'm so used to using it that I actually get out of the car to wipe it before backing out of a parking spot if I have to.

Just got the car washed and the camera was still dirty...or that's what I thought. I wiped it with a clean tissue and no change.

Either the moisture or water got in there and froze since it was -37 C° last night or it just broke.

I'll book the earliest possible appointment to have it looked at and post results.

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
That is no good that it could break so easily.

I just looked up the price for the camera here in the US and the MSRP is $250, but you can get it for $180 online.

I wonder if they make contact lenses for the rearview camera :)

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is no good that it could break so easily.

I just looked up the price for the camera here in the US and the MSRP is $250, but you can get it for $180 online.

I wonder if they make contact lenses for the rearview camera :)
It would be taken care of under warranty...

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took the car in today and they are replacing the camera. They have ordered it and will let me know when it's in so I can get it installed and will take about 3 hrs.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the new camera installed. I can finally see.

While I was there I mentioned that at only 20K kms, I feel the brakes fading. They took a look and machined the rotors under warranty. Advised that the brakes need servicing and will cost CAD 250 for front and rear.

Told them I'll get it done...didn't tell them, just not there 😂

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wipe the backup camera down very regularly as snow and rain dirty it and I'm so used to using it that I actually get out of the car to wipe it before backing out of a parking spot if I have to.

Just got the car washed and the camera was still dirty...or that's what I thought. I wiped it with a clean tissue and no change.

Either the moisture or water got in there and froze since it was -37 C° last night or it just broke.

I'll book the earliest possible appointment to have it looked at and post results.
Somebody else posted that he bought a Honda camera that worked just fine for his TLX 2015! Same thing happened to me, went to Vail Colorado for 6 days and it was cold! Now my camera looks as if somebody smeared Mayonaise inside. $30 on eBay or Amazon

·
Registered
6 Posts
Somebody else posted that he bought a Honda camera that worked just fine for his TLX 2015! Same thing happened to me, went to Vail Colorado for 6 days and it was cold! Now my camera looks as if somebody smeared Mayonaise inside. $30 on eBay or Amazon
Do you have the p/n for the Honda camera that fits a 2015 TLX?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Which one did you buy on ebay I need one! Mayonaise attacked mine

·
Super Moderator
729 Posts
Follow this thread for camera details and pricing:
Hi guys. Here is an update on my backup camera. I took out the camera assembly (getting to it was very easy) but I couldn’t take the camera apart. It was impossible. So I looked up the part number online and it was very close to CRV except for the last four digits. Picture also looked identical. I found CRV camera on eBay for $28 and gave it a try. I also noticed there are a lot of complaints about foggy backup camera for CRV so I figured Honda uses same for majority of their vehicles. It took two weeks for the camera to arrive and moment of truth.... it was perfect fit and it worked!!! Only thing doesn’t work was different views settings but I don’t think I ever used different views so doesn’t bother me. Spent less than $30 vs $315 dealer quoted me for the part so I am very pleased. Here are some pictures including before and after.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts