Acura TLX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my TLX a couple days ago. Loyal Honda driver here, starting with a 1985 Prelude. Last Acura I owned was a 1996 Integra and I had a couple of Honda Accords after that. Definitely enjoying the new technology, luxury and performance of the TLX!

The tires you see in the pic are 225/55/17 x-ice3 on Honda aftermarket alloys.

I've been reading posts on this forum daily. Thanks everyone for sharing, your input is very helpful.

Cheers from Toronto!

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Picked up my TLX a couple days ago. Loyal Honda driver here, starting with a 1985 Prelude. Last Acura I owned was a 1996 Integra and I had a couple of Honda Accords after that. Definitely enjoying the new technology, luxury and performance of the TLX!

I've been reading posts on this forum daily. Thanks everyone for sharing, your input is very helpful.

Cheers from Toronto!
Looks great!!

Also, my parents brought me home from the hospital in a 1985 Honda Prelude Si. It's what I learned to drive on and the car I used for my first solo date! GREAT car! Miss it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congrats and great colour choice!!!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Cheers from Toronto!
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post was a positive one.

Thanks for the pic.
:)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Its been a mixed bag as far as people's reviews of the TLX go. Hope things work out for you.

What made you choose those rims over the ones that are offered as options by Acura?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Acura dealer could only offer stock wheels which are priced too high. They told me a story about TLX TPMS sensors not fitting other rims properly. I took the car to my usual Honda dealership, and they offered after market alloy rims they sell for Accords, and they fit perfectly. These wheels are designed for Honda, they are hub-centric (vs lug-centic) so they don't require any adapter rings for a proper fit. The TPMS sensors fit and work just fine with them too.

Welcome to the forum.

Its been a mixed bag as far as people's reviews of the TLX go. Hope things work out for you.

What made you choose those rims over the ones that are offered as options by Acura?

·
Registered
666 Posts
^^ That is my case that they were referring to as they were not able to get them to work with my supplied after market wheels. The solution is to use a supplemental o-ring with the TPMS sensor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.