Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mostly complimentary article from Autoweek. You're welcome :laugh:

2015 Acura TLX I-4 review notes | Autoweek
One of the best reviews I've seen. Real complete. Interesting to note that the problems I am experiencing with mine are described perfectly in the article:

"There’s a fly in the ointment, though: The TLX’s dual-clutch transmission manages to be both asset and liability. In normal driving from a standing start, the gearbox delivers quick, firm shifts with none of the wonky lag we’ve come to expect from dual-clutch transmissions. Slowing to a stop, however, often results in a palpable disengagement clunk, and slowing to a near stop then getting back on the gas delivers a moment of confusion followed by lag as the transmission tries to figure out where it needs to be. It’s disconcerting, but I got accustomed to it and learned how to drive the car to avoid its quirks; that said, I think Acura needs to spend more time on the shift programming to get this transmission where it needs to be -- the average near-luxury buyer isn’t going to appreciate it.'
I couldn't have said it better!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One of the best reviews I've seen. Real complete. Interesting to note that the problems I am experiencing with mine are described perfectly in the article:

"There’s a fly in the ointment, though: The TLX’s dual-clutch transmission manages to be both asset and liability. In normal driving from a standing start, the gearbox delivers quick, firm shifts with none of the wonky lag we’ve come to expect from dual-clutch transmissions. Slowing to a stop, however, often results in a palpable disengagement clunk, and slowing to a near stop then getting back on the gas delivers a moment of confusion followed by lag as the transmission tries to figure out where it needs to be. It’s disconcerting, but I got accustomed to it and learned how to drive the car to avoid its quirks; that said, I think Acura needs to spend more time on the shift programming to get this transmission where it needs to be -- the average near-luxury buyer isn’t going to appreciate it.'
I couldn't have said it better!

AGREED! Autoweek is always good reading. I'm in the same boat... errrr... Acura on the tranny issue. I'm sure they'll get it right at some point.

·
Registered
18 Posts
AGREED! Autoweek is always good reading. I'm in the same boat... errrr... Acura on the tranny issue. I'm sure they'll get it right at some point.
Well to me, it is a safety issue. My state is helping me get this returned via our Lemon Law. Acura just does not seem to want to get my problem fixed because they can duplicate it. The article you posted stated it perfectly. I'm trying to buy this issue but can't find it anywhere.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I also agree about how it shifts, that's something which if they work on fine tuning could better the overall user experience quite a lot. something i'd be looking forward to

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.