Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it finally rained here in LA and I was dismayed to discover that my "auto" wipers don't work. Anyone else have that issue. Mist works, lo and hi but on Auto it wipes once then despite continuing rain, doesn't work. I'd rather just have good old fashioned intermittent wipers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm here in LA as well and my auto wiper worked better than on any car I've ever owned. They were perfect. Perhaps a trip to the dealer is in order.
I have the V6 with Advanced package. The only problem I have is a hard brake pedal on starting the car in the morning.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Well it finally rained here in LA and I was dismayed to discover that my "auto" wipers don't work. Anyone else have that issue. Mist works, lo and hi but on Auto it wipes once then despite continuing rain, doesn't work. I'd rather just have good old fashioned intermittent wipers.
All settings work for me. You must have a malfunction that a trip to the dealer will resolve. Auto (when it works) is fine and a bit more convenient than plain old intermittent.

I'm here in LA as well and my auto wiper worked better than on any car I've ever owned. They were perfect. Perhaps a trip to the dealer is in order.
I have the V6 with Advanced package. The only problem I have is a hard brake pedal on starting the car in the morning.
Not a problem as you do not need to brake while the car is turned off. It tends to loose pressure when it has been in cold temperatures for a while.:)

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Welcome to the Forum! I see this is your first post.

I agree. My wipers work as expected. There was an issue reported in one of the One-Packs, but I would definitely take the TLX in while the car is still under warranty.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wipers on Auto

Experienced the exact same problem. Will take the car in next Friday to have it checked out. Did anyone have the same problem and have it fixed? What was required to fix it?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mine have 5 settings - off - mist - low - high - totally and completely random. It will be on my grocery list during the first service.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My auto wipers work great, also. I find them much better than my Lexus.

·
Registered
666 Posts
They do coexist as the normal and fast setting can still be manually selected. The auto just replaces the previous intermittent variable speed function.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Mine had an issue with the wipers going crazy for no reason with just a mist on the glass. Resolved during a visit to get navi update. They basically did a reset.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue.

Thinking the problem was with the 'driver', I actually went back and read the owner's manual a second time...

Spoke with dealership and they said to bring it in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Experienced the exact same problem. Will take the car in next Friday to have it checked out. Did anyone have the same problem and have it fixed? What was required to fix it?
Did you take car in re: wipers? Curious to see what problem was. Thanks.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wipers

Have an appointment for this Friday.
I took the salesman for a test drive to illustrate the problem. Once he was convinced, I had the mechanic use the waterhose to demonstrate the non-functioning 'AUTO' setting (it was mostly snowing and I wanted to elimate that type of precipitation). I checked the way the sensor is mounted against the windshield and found that this may be the problem (this was mentioned in the one pack video #11 ).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wipers

Just got the car back. Wipers working as they should. :)

The problem was that the cable was not plugged into the sensor. Easy fix. BTW, I had an MDX as the loaner. What a monster vehicle in comparison to the TLX.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Quick visit to the dealership last weekend, car was in by 8:15am and back out, problem fixed (with the requisite car wash) by 9:15am.

Painless, and now the wipers work perfectly.

Reactions: Summest

·
Registered
6 Posts
Finally rained on my way to work this morning and I ran into the same issue - the wipers were in Auto mode but did not turn on at all. It was not raining hard, just a light rain but heavier than a mist - not sure if the wipers don't work that well with light rain or if it's an actual issue? I suppose I'll have the dealer take a look when I take it in for the recall on the Park issue.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Lightly raining/mist yesterday and mine worked fine.

I also did have an issue with mine not working. Had the dealer look at it and it was a minor issue with the sensor. Minor adjustment and it works great now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts