Acura TLX Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 TLX Teck pkg with only 21000 miles and have had the same idle stop issue 3 times since purchasing the car. They have changed the battery and recharged the battery and still happening. VERY DANGEROUS situation since you can be hit from behind. They tell me that they need to reproduce the problem but as we all know it's randomly. A class action will be my next step. This is a serious issue.

· Registered
3 Posts
Have had the same issue for the past two years. They replaced the battery and it rectified it for a short time but then was worse than ever. Last week they did a software update which seems to have helped, but just yesterday it was very laboured when trying to restart at an intersection. It appears that Honda is not taking accountability for this serious safety issue and just trying to sweep it under the rug. There should be a software update that disables this feature entirely - but they are unwilling to do that.

If you sell the vehicle you'll need to disclose the issue as it an accident is caused as a result of this feature failing you could be help liable if not disclosed.

Perhaps 2015 TLX owners should unite and file a class action against Honda Canada for not rectifying a design flaw that is potentially very dangerous.
Yeah I agree there is a problem, the wife has been trying to tell me for a couple years about this matter, lately I have had this happen to me on more than one occasion, usually on at a 4 way stop light with green arrow turn only signal, it starts, if car in front stop I step on the break then the Idle stop kicks in again, then the Park symbol lights up on the dash, I quickly put the Emergency light on so the cars behind me know that I am having Car problem it usually takes about a minute for the computer to cycle it self out than the car will allow you to put in Park than foot on the Break & Press the Start Button.:mad:

· Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2018 TLX A-Spec that likes to die upon trying to autoengine restart. I’ve been told I don’t drive it enough, they replaced the battery, I did the software update in June 2022 per the letter Acura sent out, then the car died again on my wife last night on a freeway off ramp. I’m super pissed. Next Acura says (per that letter) that they’re going to replace the starter assembly, relays, and adjust the valves. At what point I’d this car considered a lemon? Given used car prices, I can’t replace it with an equivalent car with the money I paid for it (used, w/13K miles at the end of 2018 for ~$36K ). Any thoughts?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts