Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I have the 2020 TLX A-SPEC and I have my headlights set to 'AUTO' so that as it gets dark out or if the conditions warrants lights they come on automatically.

I've noticed though if I have the switch in the 'OFF' position and I turn them on manually the the 'ON' position once they are on and the car is running there is a way to turn them off?

I've not been able to figure that out!

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
991 Posts
Once you turn them ON, they stay ON. Once you turn them OFF, the daytime running lights (DRL) still stay ON, Be sure that the lights you want OFF really are not the DRL. I believe the rear lights go off, but the front lights stay ON, but at a diminished light level.
I leave mine on Auto as well. There are times that I want them ON (to turn on the rear lights), but the "Auto" function does not think it is dark enough to turn them ON. So I manually turn them ON. But when I exit, it dings to tell me I left the lights ON.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Once you turn them ON, they stay ON. Once you turn them OFF, the daytime running lights (DRL) still stay ON, Be sure that the lights you want OFF really are not the DRL. I believe the rear lights go off, but the front lights stay ON, but at a diminished light level.
I leave mine on Auto as well. There are times that I want them ON (to turn on the rear lights), but the "Auto" function does not think it is dark enough to turn them ON. So I manually turn them ON. But when I exit, it dings to tell me I left the lights ON.
AHHHHH This is good to know! Thank you!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
you can turn the lights off when the car is running but only when it is in park.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts