Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Nav screen auto dim at night? <scratching head>

I haven't found the setting anywhere in any of the user changeable settings, I know I can manually change it with the switch on the bottom left of the center console. But I would like for it to change from day to night mode automatically.

Living in the PNW, day light goes away so fast and day time doesn't come till later in the day.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Does the Nav screen auto dim at night? <scratching head>

I haven't found the setting anywhere in any of the user changeable settings, I know I can manually change it with the switch on the bottom left of the center console. But I would like for it to change from day to night mode automatically.

Living in the PNW, day light goes away so fast and day time doesn't come till later in the day.
My top NAV screen changes automatically from day to night. I thought there was a sensor some where but I haven't figured how it determines day/night. I like, with the same button you mentioned, that you can turn it off completely.

I never messed with trying to change it otherwise. Also never tried with the timed fade out on the bottom screen.

Maybe someone here has figured this out. Could there be a setting somewhere to set it for Auto? :confused:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Mine does. I think it goes on and off with the automatic headlights.

There is a switch somewhere in the Nav Setup... look for "Night Mode" in your owners' manual to find where that switch is in the setup menu.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts