Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a recent road trip, I was switching audio sources (not from the steering wheel controls). I noticed that the screen with all your choices was "dimmer" than other screens. Is this what others observe?

I also noticed that with the dual screens, when you select Audio, the upper screen is dominant and the lower screen goes dim (not off). A rather nice effect that helps with the "overload" of information as presented with both screens. It was this "dimmed" effect that seems to happen when moving to the Audio sources screen (as mentioned above).

·
Registered
164 Posts
It is all controlled by settings. You can sync brightness of the two screens or control independently. I think there is nothing wrong with your screen, you just need to navigate to the setting that lets you control the brightness.

·
Super Moderator
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sync is enabled. Give it a try and see if you think that the icons for each Audio source seem dimmed. OR they could be brighter!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sync is linked to the instrument panel brightness

Owner Manual pg 221 + 264

• Sync Display Brightness
Selects whether the screen brightness synchronizes
with the instruments panel brightness.

SO you could have set your instrument panel really dim, have sync on , and your OMD display will be of the same brightness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts