Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
252 Posts
Anyone need any advice or help, let me know!!
I have a question... my 2019 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD had a complete engine failure a few months back and got replaced with a brand new engine under original factory warranty so far I put about 3k miles on the new engine .... wouldn't this technically/generally raise the value of my TLX or atleast it will strongly hold its value even better now that I have a brand new engine in it? I know the other component systems are still running on the original miles and counting.
I'm not sure if you'd have a clear answer for it but it was worth a shot to ask

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a question... my 2019 TLX A-Spec SH-AWD had a complete engine failure a few months back and got replaced with a brand new engine under original factory warranty so far I put about 3k miles on the new engine .... wouldn't this technically/generally raise the value of my TLX or atleast it will strongly hold its value even better now that I have a brand new engine in it? I know the other component systems are still running on the original miles and counting.
I'm not sure if you'd have a clear answer for it but it was worth a shot to ask
Good morning, MarcoTLX

I will not necessarily raise the value because the engine was replaced. It may make some more interested in buying it, or take it in on trade, or some dealers just straight out buy it from you. But it will still hold a good value, due to the current used car market. I hope this answer helped you, thanks for reaching out!

·
Registered
2019 Acura TLX Base
42 Posts
Rick,

When do I need to change my Transmission Fluid? I have 2019 Acura TLX with ~48,000 miles. How much do you guys charge? I have one of your competitor charge a bit more than I am willing to pay.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rick,

When do I need to change my Transmission Fluid? I have 2019 Acura TLX with ~48,000 miles. How much do you guys charge? I have one of your competitor charge a bit more than I am willing to pay.
Good morning,

Your TLX will let you know by the maintenance minder with the # 3. The fluid can be a little expensive, as it is a synthetic ATF. Is your TLX all wheel drive? This make a little difference in cost. We do have service specials to help you bring the price down. The regular cost for an AWD can be as much as $445. Feel free to contact me and I will help you with the cost. I work Tuesday through Saturday. 630-960-2100 - ask for Rick in service. You can always leave me a message at ext. 6863. Thank you for reaching out to me!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do you know approximately what mileage that maintenance minder will usually pop up? I've got 34k miles on my 2017 SH-AWD and wondering if I am about due for the transmission fluid service.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you know approximately what mileage that maintenance minder will usually pop up? I've got 34k miles on my 2017 SH-AWD and wondering if I am about due for the transmission fluid service.
Good afternoon,

I would recommend getting it serviced, for the reason the fluid has been in there a while. You are obviously not driving much. The minder "3" will come on anywhere in between
I only have the FWD TLX base. Is that any cheaper?
Yes, the cost would be $260.00. I can also help you with a 10% maintenance coupon with that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts