Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car was having some work and I was lucky enough to get a 2019 ASpec.... I can say this is a very nice car... the most notable... the exhaust sound. Its luck bassy but not too much but a bit of rumble in the floor... when you gas it its not too much.. I like it.

Sterring is bit tighter.... over all very impressed.. I can see how this would be a great daily driver.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK one thing I'm noticing... on the highway... at "high speed" the hood is shaking / vibrating..... I don't believe it.. anyone else noticed?

·
Super Moderator
695 Posts
How high speed? Not in excess of the local speed limit 😇
If this is a loaner, they may not have addressed all issues as they would with a final delivery to a paying customer.

·
Super Moderator
515 Posts
OK one thing I'm noticing... on the highway... at "high speed" the hood is shaking / vibrating..... I don't believe it.. anyone else noticed?
Actually I've never brought this up but yes - that's one of the things that I first noticed with my 2018. At highway speeds I can definitely see the hood vibrating as if the intake of air below the hood is trying to lift the hood up. It bothers me a bit but after two years now, I'm used to it. I too would be interested to hear from others if they've noticed the same thing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yeah I n
Actually I've never brought this up but yes - that's one of the things that I first noticed with my 2018. At highway speeds I can definitely see the hood vibrating as if the intake of air below the hood is trying to lift the hood up. It bothers me a bit but after two years now, I'm used to it. I too would be interested to hear from others if they've noticed the same thing.
Yeah I noticed it on my 19 V6 tech. It's interesting but it's probably be design. Maybe they lightened the hood a bit since 2015.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also find the ASpec get a bit less MPG than my car... on a long highway run I get about 34+ MPG... the ASpec was about 28.-30. The prince one pays for being "sporty".

·
Super Moderator
515 Posts
I also find the ASpec get a bit less MPG than my car... on a long highway run I get about 34+ MPG... the ASpec was about 28.-30. The prince one pays for being "sporty".
If I recall correctly they reduced the MPG ratings across the board for the 2018 and newer generation models.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another note, not sure if its related to the ASpec or just newer models... in my 2015... when I set something like the fan to auto... next time I got into the fan setting, auto is still highlighted... in the ASpec setting to auto is highlighted but going back into the fan control - even though still in auto mode, the auto was NOT highlighted. This is very odd and misleading. Wonder why the change from the earlier models. (Same with air flow indicator.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts