Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I wish there was a way you could do this your self. given the LCD screens in the car and a test pattern how difficult could it be. Then at least you can check it from time to time.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have seen a few Acura's having the equipment re-calibrated after a new windshield and sometimes it takes them 10-20 minutes to align it all up and sometimes I have seen 2-3 techs working on one car for over an hour! Its not a precise science.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Thanks for posting this, I'm going to bookmark this for when I need a new windshield.
I'm sure this will be all I need to convince my insurance company that I need an OEM windshield installed and calibrated by the dealer.
I'm sure the dealer probably contracts out the install...but I don't want to have to deal with 2 companies in addition to the insurance.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I can say I had my windshield replaced and even since my KLAS is not centered.... its wants to drive to the left of the lane to the point that almost the LDW goes off. The dealer has "reclibrated" the camera 2x now. The car wants to drive about 1 foot from the road lane mark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts