Acura TLX Forum banner

Are you happy with your TLX?

30K views 102 replies 35 participants last post by  frainc 
Hey guys,

I've been lurking for a week or so. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a '21 Advance SH-AWD. I'm coming from a 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT.

As an avid car forum reader, I understand the skewed perspective of car forums, with most people coming here to troubleshoot problems.
It seems like the TLX does have its fair share of first-year quality issues.

I'd like to try to solicit some more diverse feedback.. Do you like your TLX? Would you buy it again? Is it worth upgrading from an Accord?

I know it's all personal preference, so I'll say that I am the kind of person who will appreciate the elevated experience that comes from a luxury car, including more dynamic handling, SH-AWD, more premium and exclusive styling, better & quieter ride, more features like premium interior materials, heated wheel, HUD, cooled seats with far more adjustments, superb audio system, better infotainment, ambient lighting, etc. I know the TLX is slower than the Accord 2.0T 10AT, but it's actually a hair quicker than my 2.0T 6MT according to Car and Driver. So, the only negatives I see are the reduced rear seat and cargo space and the reduced fuel economy. (Anyone here run regular fuel?) I almost never have people in the back seat, but I do every once in a while. Hopefully it's still spacious enough for that. I don't think maintenance will end up being that much more; the only difference should be the SH-AWD components. I do my maintenance myself anyway. Another slight concern is that the closest Acura dealership is an hour and 20 minutes away, so any issues will be rather inconvenient to resolve.

My mind is pretty much made up for myself, because I believe the elevated experience of this car will outweigh the price and potential negatives. But it would still be neat to hear some more feedback from actual owners who are (hopefully) happy with their TLX.

Thanks guys! Looking forward to joining the TLX club!
Hey guys,

I've been lurking for a week or so. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a '21 Advance SH-AWD. I'm coming from a 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT.

As an avid car forum reader, I understand the skewed perspective of car forums, with most people coming here to troubleshoot problems.
It seems like the TLX does have its fair share of first-year quality issues.

I'd like to try to solicit some more diverse feedback.. Do you like your TLX? Would you buy it again? Is it worth upgrading from an Accord?

I know it's all personal preference, so I'll say that I am the kind of person who will appreciate the elevated experience that comes from a luxury car, including more dynamic handling, SH-AWD, more premium and exclusive styling, better & quieter ride, more features like premium interior materials, heated wheel, HUD, cooled seats with far more adjustments, superb audio system, better infotainment, ambient lighting, etc. I know the TLX is slower than the Accord 2.0T 10AT, but it's actually a hair quicker than my 2.0T 6MT according to Car and Driver. So, the only negatives I see are the reduced rear seat and cargo space and the reduced fuel economy. (Anyone here run regular fuel?) I almost never have people in the back seat, but I do every once in a while. Hopefully it's still spacious enough for that. I don't think maintenance will end up being that much more; the only difference should be the SH-AWD components. I do my maintenance myself anyway. Another slight concern is that the closest Acura dealership is an hour and 20 minutes away, so any issues will be rather inconvenient to resolve.

My mind is pretty much made up for myself, because I believe the elevated experience of this car will outweigh the price and potential negatives. But it would still be neat to hear some more feedback from actual owners who are (hopefully) happy with their TLX.

Thanks guys! Looking forward to joining the TLX club!
10 months with my 2018 Acura, TLX base and loving the car. I owned a TSX, 2010 and drove her for 10 years, 178,000 care free miles. Really wanted a new used Honda Accord but could not find at the right price point. After driving the TLX there was no comparison, the TLX is better equipped, low noise level warranty and the certified program doesn’t compare. the real winner is the selective drive mode. So far no issues and still enjoying. The only down side is the visibility from the driver seat, I’m learning to trust the backup camera. I’m hoping the Acura reliability gets me to 10 years of carefree driving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.