Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just looked at a 2013 TL Tech and the only thing I did not like were the headrests, they were uncomfortable.

It's been a while since I've been in a 2015 but I am guessing that the 2015 headrests are more comfortable? Anyone been in both?

Thanks!

·
Registered
255 Posts
In what manner are you finding them uncomfortable? Do you sit in a relatively upright position or are you positioned in a more reclined posture as I am?
I, personally, have no issue with the TLX seating comfort. The headrests on our 2011 Pilot are tilted forward rather pronouncedly. I find it annoying primarily because I sit in that vehicle in a chair-like position, though I have become used to them. I believe that the headrest re-positioning was mandated by the NHTSA to reduce the severity of whiplash injuries. I don't know when this change was instituted...

Reactions: Wade

·
Registered
10 Posts
My wife constantly complained about my 2008 Honda Accord having uncomfortable headrests, so I was curious to get her opinion on this subject. She said they are much better and she has no complaints. I find them very comfortable as well.

·
Registered
144 Posts
When we test drove the TLX the head rests seemed somewhat uncomfortable and were told it was a safety thing and couldn't be adjusted. While we couldn't adjust it we could and did get use to it. I am actually more comfortable in this car after a longer drive than any other I have owned.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I feel them comfortable, but it can be annoying for somebody with some decorations in the hairs as it is made to lower injuries when rear-ended. Same as a lot of vehicles today. Safety first... But Acura headrest are soft and comfortable. Infinity ones for example were too hard.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just traded in my TL and that was one of my complaints for years. It was uncomfortable in traffic with the headrest push forward. I'm loving the TLX headrest.

·
Registered
144 Posts
No headrests are ever comfortable when you have a ponytail. For anyone who like to put their hair up, tie it really high up on your head instead of right at the back of it and the ponytail should clear the top of the TLX headrest without any problems.

·
Super Moderator
1,067 Posts
I recall an exercise Volvo did a while back. They got an all-female team to design a car. Their result includes a split headrest specifically to accommodate ponytails!
See the article here.

Reactions: Summest
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.