Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving in the snow the other day. The beeping by the approaching object sensor was on almost all the time. Sometimes stopped for a moment and was then back on again. I ended up turning the system off. Did anyone experience similar behaviour. Can the sensor be triggered by snow?

· Registered
2,778 Posts
if driving in the snow the sensor behind the grill might have had snow covering it.... same issue can happen with active cruise control. Otherwise if it was clear, snow can be a funny animal as it doesn't reflect so well and will absorb it possible making false alarms.

Wait until you drive in a heavy snow storm and your headlights block up due to no heat from them to melt the snow.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gonzo. That’s what probably happened. The sound was continuous, sensor likely assumed I was up against something. Does it happen every time during heavy snow? Is there a way to prevent it except for turning the system off.

· Registered
33 Posts
The sensor on the front passenger side always goes off on my new 2019 TLX. No snow build up either which is odd. Hopefully it will go away but it does get annoying.

· Registered
256 Posts
The sensor on the front passenger side always goes off on my new 2019 TLX. No snow build up either which is odd. Hopefully it will go away but it does get annoying.
I'd recommend taking it in for warranty replacement. I had a similar issue with my front driver side going off randomly for no reason. Took my service rep for a test drive, he witnessed it, the affected sensors were replaced under warranty and it seems to work as it should now.

· Registered
5 Posts
Was driving in the snow the other day. The beeping by the approaching object sensor was on almost all the time. Sometimes stopped for a moment and was then back on again. I ended up turning the system off. Did anyone experience similar behaviour. Can the sensor be triggered by snow?

Hello, I am having the same issue in my 2018 TLX-Asepc-Tech pkg. It only goes off when I put it in park/reverse. Once I start driving it stops. Until I come to a stop and it goes off again. As you see in picture it shows front end and passenger front. Until today it only showed front passenger side. This started a 4-5 days ago after a snow storm. I thought the sensors were dirty so ran through a car wash today. It doesn't go off as much, but still does. Anything you did to stop this without turning off sensors. Btw, how do you do that? In settings?

Attachments

· Super Moderator
2019 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
356 Posts
Hello, I am having the same issue in my 2018 TLX-Asepc-Tech pkg. It only goes off when I put it in park/reverse. Once I start driving it stops. Until I come to a stop and it goes off again. As you see in picture it shows front end and passenger front. Until today it only showed front passenger side. This started a 4-5 days ago after a snow storm. I thought the sensors were dirty so ran through a car wash today. It doesn't go off as much, but still does. Anything you did to stop this without turning off sensors. Btw, how do you do that? In settings?
I had this issue in my 2019 TLX A-Spec it happened more when it was raining than anything. You can turn off the sensors by pressing the P button on the left side of your lower dash

· Registered
5 Posts

2018 TLX-AWD-Aspec-Tech pkg-
I just started having this issue on the front passenger side. At first It showed on the dash just the corner of front passenger side. I noticed today it's showing the front and front side of passenger side. Wth?!? I am trying to stop it. Did you find a solution? Please let me know if you did.

Thanks, J
I had this issue in my 2019 TLX A-Spec it happened more when it was raining than anything. You can turn off the sensors by pressing the P button on the left side of your lower dash

Thank you for that! Thought i found it, but no I was looking under the vehicle settings on the dash.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts