Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this email from Acura yesterday concerning Apple and AcuraLink Apps. I have Android, but Apple users may be interested:

Dear AcuraLink App User,
As you may know, Apple has recently announced the introduction of its new iPhone 6 mobile devices as well as an updated version of the iOS operating system.
We have learned if you upgrade your iPhone 5, 5S or 5C to iOS 8 or purchase the new Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus, you will encounter AcuraLink compatibility issues. While you still will be able to access your AcuraLink apps and use features such as remote door lock and unlock, the look and layout of some features may be impacted. You will receive an error when accessing the Maps page. If you select “ok” to this error, you will be able to proceed and use the Maps page.
We will continue to work with Apple and its market released software and products to quickly begin our design and certification processes to bring you full functionality of your AcuraLink apps again.
We sincerely apologize for any temporary inconvenience. If you have any questions, please contact Acura Client Relations at 1-800-382-2238.

Sincerely,
Acura Client Relations

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL.
©2014 Acura, All information contained herein applies to US vehicles only. See our Privacy Policy

You have received this email because you are a registered user of AcuraLink.
Acura, the stylized "A" logo and AcuraLink are trademarks of Honda Motor Co., Ltd.

Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How did you get the PIN number for Acura link? I am assuming you have it set up.
During enrollment.

When I received the car, the salesman walked me through the process. When I pushed the AcuraLink button it made a satellite call to an operator and we set up my account. I only got the free 3-year standard plan so I don't have all of the remote access goodies. I am still trying to figure out what I exactly get. I do see the traffic service on the GPS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts