Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at upgrading the tires on my soon to come Acura TLX SH AWD w/ Tech Package. The cars here have been coming in with Goodyear Eagle LS-2 tires which are not particularly good high performance tires.

As an alternative I am looking at Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3. The best alternative size is 245/45R18 to replace the 225/50R18's. This will give additional width and a little quicker handling with the lower profile tire while maintaining the stock overall diameter.

It should all fit......but I am wondering if anyone has tried fitting this size tire on the new Acura TLX.

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
I posted this screenshot from Tire Rack in another thread. It shows the alternate tire sizes (according to Tire Rack). It should have the info you need.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am looking at upgrading the tires on my soon to come Acura TLX SH AWD w/ Tech Package. The cars here have been coming in with Goodyear Eagle LS-2 tires which are not particularly good high performance tires.

As an alternative I am looking at Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3. The best alternative size is 245/45R18 to replace the 225/50R18's. This will give additional width and a little quicker handling with the lower profile tire while maintaining the stock overall diameter.

It should all fit......but I am wondering if anyone has tried fitting this size tire on the new Acura TLX.
That size should be fine but just to clarify, the new size won't really be lower profile. You even noted that the overall diameter is the same. That means the height of the sidewalls is the same. It's just that the height of the sidewall, as a percentage of tread width, is lower.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have Bridgestone 225/50/R18 on my FWD V6 tech and they do not seem to track well down the road seem to wander from side to side more to the right. I wish I had gone for Pilot Sport. Have had them before great tire. Did not know I could upgrade. Hope it is not a steering issue

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am putting the 19" wheels and the 245/40 R19 A/S 3s on there instead of the summer Super Sports. The A/S 3's are amazing, but you definitely won't really notice the benefit unless you get the sidewall down.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts