Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if I'm posting in the right place, but I'm wondering if this carplay adapter linked below will fit in my 2019 tlx. Any help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2021 TLX Type S, 355 hp, twin turbo, curb weight 4221 lbs a little heavy
114 Posts
Don't know if I'm posting in the right place, but I'm wondering if this carplay adapter linked below will fit in my 2019 tlx. Any help is appreciated.
I bought one not the same as yours but it's the same idea, I wonder up throw it away. Be sure you have an I phone. I didn't have an I phone that could be why not working for me. Good luck.

·
Read Only
19 Posts
mmb work fine. Also you can use an old phone. Leave old phone plugged into car while using your current phones hotspot to run aa or carplay. I've done wireless and personally I'd rather plug it in anyway. Not a big deal plus I charge my phone while being able to use it, while I'm stopped, of course.

·
Super Moderator
114 Posts
mmb work fine. Also you can use an old phone. Leave old phone plugged into car while using your current phones hotspot to run aa or carplay. I've done wireless and personally I'd rather plug it in anyway. Not a big deal plus I charge my phone while being able to use it, while I'm stopped, of course.
Right, but I don't have two phones, still is not a big deal to plug in the phone before driving. My point thou is why Acura design the SUV since 2019 models are wireless but not the sedan?

·
Super Moderator
114 Posts
I had no idea. I wonder
Yeah me too. I got a 2019 TLX sh-awd advance PKG. Then find out there are no wireless connection for the Android Auto and I ask the dealer, why 2019 SUV have wireless but not the sedan, they don't even know about it. That was January this year, four months later my car keep giving me trouble for the auto on and off, not to confuse you with the remote start. It never works right and the dealer doesn't know what is wrong either so I mention about lemon law, immediately they offer me the 2021 TLX Type S and bought back my 2019 for what I pay for. And I thought since 2021 Type S is the top model, it should have wireless connection but still NO. Too bad but I love the color brake caliper and more power and is a beauty compare with the 2019. They give me a good deal that I can't resist. I guess is my luck, right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts