Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I happened upon this vehicle listing and am wondering if these add-ons are all stock, or if this car has an after-market kit(s) installed.

Obviously, the wheel are not stock, but what about the rear bumper, exhaust tips, spoiler, front bumper, side rails, etc.?

The whole package looks pretty sweet!

·
Premium Member
4,913 Posts
The body kit looks like the Acura kit. The exhaust tips aren’t stock as the 2015s had the exhaust hidden. It looks like someone cut the back bumper to accommodate the exhaust.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@andre12dbsi Thanks for taking a look!

So, do you think the rear bumper is some super-custom one-off thing? Or might there a "kit" out there? If there is, I would think somebody on these forums would recognize it. It's slick! It definitely doesn't look like a hack-job. Looks pre-fabricated to me.

Completely unrelated, you seem to know these cars well and be mechanically-inclined... any idea if this is a feasible brake/caliper/rotor upgrade plan? I'm anxious to make a move on this, but don't quite know how best to proceed.

Should I order the parts myself (provided they're "a go") and bring them to a qualified mechanic? Or ask the mechanic to order the parts on my behalf? I've never done any after-market upgrades, so I'm curious how it works... thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
4,913 Posts
I’d say that’s the regular TLX bumper with the Acura kit and holes cut for the exhaust. It doesn’t look like anything custom I don’t think.

As for the brakes, I’d just recommend doing some research to get an idea of what you want. There are some posts here on the forum that should help. I would suggest talking to a reputable shop around your area. They will tell you what you need if you’re not sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts