Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably just me getting used to the capless fuel fill, but the last time I filled up I had a fair amount of overflow before the nozzle auto-clicked off. Just wondering if anyone else has had issues during a fill up? In hindsight I didn't maneuver the handle to insert the nozzle as deep as I thought it should be but it was giving me serious resistance and I didn't want to break anything.

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Probably just me getting used to the capless fuel fill, but the last time I filled up I had a fair amount of overflow before the nozzle auto-clicked off. Just wondering if anyone else has had issues during a fill up? In hindsight I didn't maneuver the handle to insert the nozzle as deep as I thought it should be but it was giving me serious resistance and I didn't want to break anything.
My first gas nozzle insertion was painful. I thought I would break something, and maybe I did. Every time afterwards the nozzle slid right in. Today they tell me that my fuel filler neck may be causing my Emissions Problem light to come on. They plan to replace it tomorrow morning when it comes in. Not sure why this would result in an Electric Brake Failure light as well. But I guess we have to tackle one problem at a time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Summest. Why did they have to replace the entry knozzle release hose? Anyone else have issues getting nozzle into throat ? I could not fill up today as hose would not go in. It's been -30 here so not sure if something is frozen or the knozzle entry release is broken. Not impressed with this design 'improvement'. Guess I am off to dealer in morning.

·
Registered
168 Posts
... and don't forget to follow the "five second rule" at the end of the fill-up. (as instructed on the filler door) That allows things to settle down and avoids spillage. As I see it, it is still less time than it would take you to put a traditional clicking screw cap back on.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Whenever I fill up, the pump always starts off REALLY slow. I always have to stop the pump and restart it to get it going. I've tried several pumps (at the same gas station) and they all do the same thing. I can try a different gas station to see if I get different results, but thought it was weird to have to restart it.

I also only fill a little over 10 gallons with fear of overflow like what has been reported here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have had no problems. I fueled up @ Costco this morning with temp of -6F. Slowly inserted nozzle and removed 5 seconds after shut off. No topping off.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just a follow up ...I went to a different gas station and no issue. I remember having an issue at the other station before....nozzle would not go in....could be related to diameter of the nozzle? No idea , thanks everyone.

·
Registered
681 Posts
No issues ever on my end, although always at Esso stations.

i would have thought nozzle diameter would be a standard though?

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Summest. Why did they have to replace the entry knozzle release hose? Anyone else have issues getting nozzle into throat ? I could not fill up today as hose would not go in. It's been -30 here so not sure if something is frozen or the knozzle entry release is broken. Not impressed with this design 'improvement'. Guess I am off to dealer in morning.
Sorry I did not see your post earlier today.

They had to replace the fuel filler assembly because I was getting a failure light on my instrument panel, along with an Electronic Brake Failure warning.
I posted details in an old thread that you can read by clicking this link -> http://www.tlxforums.com/forum/tlx-issues-problems/2458-my-first-2-issues-my-tlx.html

I did have an issue on the first fillup. For whatever reason, it was difficult getting the nozzle in the first time. :rolleyes:
I almost gave up but pushed a little harder and was successful. I heard that someone rotated the capless cap and was able to get in fine. I only had this issue once.

I have never had the back-flush mentioned. I do try to count to 5 before removing the nozzle.

I would think all fuel nozzles have to be the same size due to standards for unleaded gasoline. At least in the US and Canada. Diesel could be a different size, but I know you weren't trying to use diesel. :D

Gee minus 30, ouch. :eek:

·
Registered
80 Posts
No issue with inserting the cap for (temperature varied from -20 to -35 for the past month). The only issue I had on my last fill up was the auto shut off of the pump that kept shutting off the flow whenever I had the nozzle fully open...could be related to that specific pump auto shut off adjustment!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.