Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a post elsewhere of a guy that says he sees this on his console. He says the pic was taken inside his TLX?

Fact or Fiction?

I can't figure out where mine my HDMI jack is. :)

It's not April 1st.

·
Registered
29 Posts
See the end....

"The TLX also features the next generation of AcuraLink®, Acura's cloud-based connected car system, offering Acura owners a broad range of cloud-based and embedded convenience, connectivity and available security features. All TLX models come equipped with Siri Eyes Free technology that when paired with a compatible iPhone, allows the driver to use the features of Siri using familiar voice commands. Additional standard and available luxury features includes one-touch turn-signals and power windows, power driver and front passenger seats, GPS-linked automatic climate control, color Multi-Information Display (MID) with turn-by-turn guidance, LED accent lighting, HD Radio®, Pandora® and Aha™ integration, and HDMI and USB connectivity."

·
Registered
164 Posts
The question is where is it? May be the hardware/software supports it but the interface is not made available in current version of TLX.

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
Unless there is an internal HDMI port that was somehow disconnected?
The reviewer (article) does not do their research. We all know there is no HDMI jack in front of the shifter.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Unless there is an internal HDMI port that was somehow disconnected?
The reviewer (article) does not do their research. We all know there is no HDMI jack in front of the shifter.

Unless it's one of the international models. Strange for sure.

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
Unless it's one of the international models. Strange for sure.
The display of the time leads me to think it is set for 24-hour clock (no colon between hr and mm.). So this may be an international TLX or not a TLX at all. Can anyone confirm?

Side note: did anyone notice that all the screen shots of the upper display are at 9:30!

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
Did (s)he take it to the dealer to get it fixed?
Zoom out, we'll know for sure if it is a TLX or ILX.

Reactions: Summest

·
Registered
236 Posts
Think I found it. Open sliding tray in center and feel for the input jack in the plastic panel closest in front of gearbox. Voila??

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Think I found it. Open sliding tray in center and feel for the input jack in the plastic panel closest in front of gearbox. Voila??

I had to go check.

It does feel like it could be an HDMI slot but what you felt is the light for the compartment. I took a picture. I guess it's dusty in there.

Automotive exterior Bumper Tire Auto part Automotive wheel system

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had to go check.

It does feel like it could be an HDMI slot but what you felt is the light for the compartment. I took a picture. I guess it's dusty in there.
Thanks @andre12dbsi ! You saved me a trip to a hot garage.

Great detective work and good photography. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
My guess... Is the base model TLX (no built in navigation) shares the same software infotainment system as the premium trim ILX and it was too complicated to built two different systems for essentially the same car so they said screw it and just left the software how it was.

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
My guess... Is the base model TLX (no built in navigation) shares the same software infotainment system as the premium trim ILX and it was too complicated to built two different systems for essentially the same car so they said screw it and just left the software how it was.
I would hope that a company like Honda/Acura would not allow a product out the door like you described.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Was at a Honda dealer and noticed HDMI port in 2015 Civic EX-l, could not find HDMI in any other models including redesigned 2016 Pilot.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Was at a Honda dealer and noticed HDMI port in 2015 Civic EX-l, could not find HDMI in any other models including redesigned 2016 Pilot.

I believe that's because initially cars that were meant to support Apple CarPlay required an HDMI port. The 2015 Civic was supposed to get it but I don't believe it ever happened.

I did notice on the 2016 Accord specs it says that CarPlay can now be used with a standard USB port opposed to a dedicated HDMI port.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts