Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I enjoyed a nice drive in my TLX 42 miles north of my home to go to dinner. On the way back I was talking on the phone over Bluetooth to a friend. While in conversation the navigation system would interrupt our conversation.

I know it doesn't know better, but it was rude to interrupt my conversation.

Is there a way to mute the Nav when you are on a phone call? I don't mind an interruption if I am listening to music or listening to an audio book, but something about interrupting my conversation was annoying. The other person on the phone can hear it as well. If the Nav was a real person, I would have pulled the car over and have a private moment to discuss proper etiquette. :D

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
I can see that being annoying. I had a quick look through the Nav manual and there was nothing that I could see to mute the Nav while on the phone. I'm thinking the Nav system doesn't know the difference between streaming audio via Bluetooth or streaming a phone call. It interrupts the bluetooth connection regardless from what I can tell.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It's probably designed to interrupt so you don't miss a turn or exit. You might have to cancel your route to get some silence.

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's probably designed to interrupt so you don't miss a turn or exit. You might have to cancel your route to get some silence.
I guess so. I was hoping that she would mute or at least whisper:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I shut mine off altogether. I find that the turn-by-turn directions that pop up on the little screen between the gauges is enough to keep my attention without having to hear the voice.

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks @andre12dbsi and @tete1526 but I do like to be told where to go. I'm single so I need some nagging and direction when I drive.>:D

I just wish she was more considerate when I talk with my friends.:)

Now if it could go into display mode only, while I was on the phone, that would be a nice alternative.

Guess I am asking too much and whining about the small stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Lol. No problem. We all need to be told where to go.

I guess it's hard to engineer a system that makes everyone happy. I could see a post from someone complaining that they missed their turn because they were talking on the phone and the system didn't tell them to turn.

A mute while on the phone option might be useful though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts