Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we've been in a cold snap here in Western Canada for the past week, I've really noticed how odd it is to have the Heated Steering wheel turn on automatically when I command start my car but for some reason the heated seat doesn't.. What sense does that make?? :unsure:

Does anyone know of a way or if it's an option to have my heated seat turn on with the command start?

·
Super Moderator
1,044 Posts
Not sure, but if you have automatic heat/cool for your seats, then it should turn on. If not, then you need to do it manually.

Reactions: Yamariv

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
The heated seats only come on when someone is siting in them. This is a safety measure to keep the seat from catching fire.

·
Super Moderator
1,044 Posts
This is what I got from my 2015 Owner's Manual, p326
Remote Engine Start with Vehicle Feedback
While the engine is running, the vehicle will automatically precondition inside the vehicle.
When it is warm outside:
• The air conditioning is activated in recirculation mode.
When it is cold outside:
• The defroster is activated at a moderately warm temperature.
• The rear defogger and door mirror heaters are activated.
• The seat and heated steering wheel are activated
Of course, this feature is not available on all models (remote start, heated seat/steering wheel, ...)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL, three different answers! Thanks boys, I've searched on other forums and no definite answers there either 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Here is a simple test. The next time your are driving and your seat's heater is on but there is not a passenger. Is the passenger seat heater ON?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I did a quick test this morning, while the car was running on Command Start I tried to see if the seats were on but couldn't because on my 2015 TLX the center dash display is blank while running with CS. I guess it's possible that my seat is actually on each time and that it just takes a long time to warm up. Without the display on during CS, I won't know for sure

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is a simple test. The next time your are driving and your seat's heater is on but there is not a passenger. Is the passenger seat heater ON?
Not sure how this would help, while driving I have to turn each seat on individually through the dash display

·
Registered
15 Posts
It has to be fairly cold for the seat heaters to kick on automatically, but they do on my 2019. Steering wheel turns on at higher temps outside

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
It has to be fairly cold for the seat heaters to kick on automatically, but they do on my 2019. Steering wheel turns on at higher temps outside
I found that the higher you set the inside temperature to will turn the heaters on and at a higher setting.

·
Registered
2016 I4 Tech - Fathom Blue Pearl w/ chrome trim blackouts, Enkie Vulcan wheels, remote start & more
415 Posts
If I recall correctly, I've read that heated seats on with remote start is a feature only on the Advance model which has an "Auto" setting for the seat heaters.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts