Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out what car I want to buy. I have had a acura NSX (when I had money) 2003 acura TL-S then went to a lexus 2GS, then a lexus 3GS which I have now. I am looking at the lexus 4GS but mpg is not all that good but the 450H is but expensive. looking to be in the 35-40K range (used). I got the 3GS because I went to dallas to get the 06 RL but I didn't want another silver car got on the net and found a red lexus that night and bought that and MPG for that RL was 18 in the city horrible. Anyway I am trying to buy another car or wait 2-3 years for another one. I wanted 300HP and like 35-40MPG which the RLX has more HP and a little less MPG but the weight of the TLX should be less and should have better MPG and probably faster also with the 360HP. I need a car that won't have any issues and I am going to drive that thing into the ground meaning 300,000 miles or whatever. I don't care about brands or anything but I do like the idea of getting a 3 year old car 1/2 MSRP and still looks brand new. For the price of this car you can get a 3 year old BMW 550I, Lexus GS350, audi a6 all that cost 60K for less then the price of this car. I know I went off the subject but was trying to figure out what the specs for this is and if I should wait another 2-3 years when it gets into my price range used. I have to pay cash and can't finance. Even 90% down can't finance. I was on the acura forum when I got my lexus and they warned me about buying a lexus outside of lexus and was right about it so any input is appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've not heard plans for a TLX Hybird although I do think it is logical. Considering they have the Accord Hybrid's running gear just sitting around the parts bin, why not make use of some scale ;)

·
Registered
727 Posts
unless a hybrid model is set to release later on in the production cycle, i think this was the case with the rlx, i believe the hybrid model went on sale a year after the original on sale date.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Haven't heard anything about a hybrid. If it does happen it will be coming out at the refresh point for the TLX, so that is still pretty far in the future.

·
Registered
96 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.