Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

First, thanks for this forum. It is great to see a place like this full of TLX fans !
This confirms my choice going to Acura for my next car.

I will read you for several monthes before being able to purshase one, but I am pleased I will be able to share your experiences.

See you soon !

·
Registered
228 Posts
Great to have you on the forum @Replayman

Let us know when you put down a deposit and order your TLX. And then let us know when you are expecting delivery.

Looking forward to having more discussions with you as you wait for your TLX and eventually take delivery.

Cheers!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hi,

First, thanks for this forum. It is great to see a place like this full of TLX fans !
This confirms my choice going to Acura for my next car.

I will read you for several monthes before being able to purshase one, but I am pleased I will be able to share your experiences.

See you soon !
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post. Glad to hear that you are anxious to get your TLX.

When you get a chance, tell us about yourself. Tells us what you are driving now and what model of the TLX you are thinking about.

:)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks you for your welcome messages !

To answer you about what I drive today, I will start a few years ago.
In 2004, I lived in Europe, different models and I were only able to see Acura on Internet. In an auto show, I saw a new incoming European Honda Civic. I felt in love with it and ordered by first new car !
Very pleasant driving. A very good support of Honda for early buyers. I was in love with my car for several years, until a change in my life made me move to Canada.
At this time, I was not able to buy a new car (credit ranking...) but I was waiting to have one gadget I saw on an European Honda Accord (technology imported from Acura Legend in Japan) and loved to own : Adaptative Cruise Control.
2013, I am finally able to have a credit for a new car ! I was searching Acura first, but no ACC. So I were searching other brands. I loved Japanese cars, I even made jealous a friend owning a BMW 330d with M kit with my "little" Japanese Civic... And after Mazda returned to a Japanese brand (after Ford leaves the boat), I were most interested in their cars.
I was thinking about Mazda 6, but the dealer told me to wait a few months as a Mazda 3 will go out with all the technology stuff I wanted, including ACC ! So I made my order of a Mazda3 GT with luxe and tech packages.
Unfortunately, I discovered the hard way that Mazda decided to take out the ACC from the Mazda 3 in Canada (and keep it in all other countries)... after receiving my car and trying to drive in CC, I didn't slow down from cars in front of me... (I didn't have an accident physically, only emotionally...). I asked my dealer why the car didn't have ACC, they discovered that Mazda took out this option just before delivering ordered vehicles... And the dealer never told me that !
So Mazda did nothing, as dealer was informed by a note that configuration changes, but dealer never informed me before I took my car... I'm tied with a new car (very good car, fun to drive) but without what I was searching in first place. And dealer done nothing to help...

Now, I only wait to be able to sell my Mazda3 without losing more than what I already paid, and going back to a car maker in which I trust.

Since 2013, TLX shows on stage with all I wanted in my car. As you may guess, I will look after the Elite package. Or waiting 2016 models if, by chance, lower trims get ACC.
In fact all that is keeping me ordering a TLX is to be able to let go the Mazda3 without having to pay for this.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Great post, Replayman. Keep in touch.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Congratulations! It's beautiful!!!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Congratulations! Looks like you went with the V6 advance. Is that a black exterior? It sort of looks blue-ish on my tablet.

Enjoy and drive it in the best of health.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is the blue one, yes. Elite package in Canada.
I took also Carbon interior (in place of plastic wood), some anti-thief bells & whistles and a 3M protection for the hood (mandatory for winter driving...)
AcuraWatch is better than the 24h test drive I got... it seems that in some way latest firmware upgrades made it better.
Very happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am very curious about this. Hoping this is not just a Canadian option...need to call my dealer. :)

Carbon interior to replace false plastic wood panels !

·
Registered
39 Posts
^^^ Willing to bet it's not really an accessory option in Canada, but the dealership just wrapped the trim in carbon fiber vinyl. A lot of places do this in the USA also

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes it was wrapping done by the dealer. Not an Acura option.
I liked the wood trim but it was a deal-breaker for my wife... and to be honest she was right, carbon fiber trim is better with blue exterior.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Yes it was wrapping done by the dealer. Not an Acura option.
I liked the wood trim but it was a deal-breaker for my wife... and to be honest she was right, carbon fiber trim is better with blue exterior.
Very good. It's great to have options.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts