Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

First, thanks for this forum. It is great to see a place like this full of TLX fans !
This confirms my choice going to Acura for my next car.

I will read you for several monthes before being able to purshase one, but I am pleased I will be able to share your experiences.

See you soon !

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hi,

First, thanks for this forum. It is great to see a place like this full of TLX fans !
This confirms my choice going to Acura for my next car.

I will read you for several monthes before being able to purshase one, but I am pleased I will be able to share your experiences.

See you soon !
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post. Glad to hear that you are anxious to get your TLX.

When you get a chance, tell us about yourself. Tells us what you are driving now and what model of the TLX you are thinking about.

:)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks you for your welcome messages !

To answer you about what I drive today, I will start a few years ago.
In 2004, I lived in Europe, different models and I were only able to see Acura on Internet. In an auto show, I saw a new incoming European Honda Civic. I felt in love with it and ordered by first new car !
Very pleasant driving. A very good support of Honda for early buyers. I was in love with my car for several years, until a change in my life made me move to Canada.
At this time, I was not able to buy a new car (credit ranking...) but I was waiting to have one gadget I saw on an European Honda Accord (technology imported from Acura Legend in Japan) and loved to own : Adaptative Cruise Control.
2013, I am finally able to have a credit for a new car ! I was searching Acura first, but no ACC. So I were searching other brands. I loved Japanese cars, I even made jealous a friend owning a BMW 330d with M kit with my "little" Japanese Civic... And after Mazda returned to a Japanese brand (after Ford leaves the boat), I were most interested in their cars.
I was thinking about Mazda 6, but the dealer told me to wait a few months as a Mazda 3 will go out with all the technology stuff I wanted, including ACC ! So I made my order of a Mazda3 GT with luxe and tech packages.
Unfortunately, I discovered the hard way that Mazda decided to take out the ACC from the Mazda 3 in Canada (and keep it in all other countries)... after receiving my car and trying to drive in CC, I didn't slow down from cars in front of me... (I didn't have an accident physically, only emotionally...). I asked my dealer why the car didn't have ACC, they discovered that Mazda took out this option just before delivering ordered vehicles... And the dealer never told me that !
So Mazda did nothing, as dealer was informed by a note that configuration changes, but dealer never informed me before I took my car... I'm tied with a new car (very good car, fun to drive) but without what I was searching in first place. And dealer done nothing to help...

Now, I only wait to be able to sell my Mazda3 without losing more than what I already paid, and going back to a car maker in which I trust.

Since 2013, TLX shows on stage with all I wanted in my car. As you may guess, I will look after the Elite package. Or waiting 2016 models if, by chance, lower trims get ACC.
In fact all that is keeping me ordering a TLX is to be able to let go the Mazda3 without having to pay for this.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Great post, Replayman. Keep in touch.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Congratulations! It's beautiful!!!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Congratulations! Looks like you went with the V6 advance. Is that a black exterior? It sort of looks blue-ish on my tablet.

Enjoy and drive it in the best of health.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is the blue one, yes. Elite package in Canada.
I took also Carbon interior (in place of plastic wood), some anti-thief bells & whistles and a 3M protection for the hood (mandatory for winter driving...)
AcuraWatch is better than the 24h test drive I got... it seems that in some way latest firmware upgrades made it better.
Very happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes it was wrapping done by the dealer. Not an Acura option.
I liked the wood trim but it was a deal-breaker for my wife... and to be honest she was right, carbon fiber trim is better with blue exterior.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.