Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Find it here.
Yet for the success of every Acura, Lexus or Infiniti, there’s a criticism that these brands are overpriced Hondas, Toyotas and Nissans. Now that the newest addition to the Acura lineup—the TLX—is here, how does it fare under all the scrutiny? Is it the high-end executive compact it promises to be, or just a shinier Civic?
Although it does a good job of highlighting many of the good points, this is a very shallow article.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Compare it with a Civic? Really? I traded a Civic Si for the TLX. I can do a first hand comparison......it doesn't compare obviously.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Although my Si was a fun car to drive there is so much different. The noise, the ride, the room, the technology, the quality of the materials, the buying experience at the dealership to begin with. It's not a fair comparison really and I don't believe they were meant to be. I would be more inclined to compare the ILX to the Civic.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Its the usual media muppets comparing what they like! The civic si against the TLX? Just because the Si is the sport? As Andre said above...so much difference what is there to compare??

·
Registered
979 Posts
lol the TLX isn't even that compairable to the accord let alone a civic. (accord has no SH-awd, less power, etc)

·
Registered
238 Posts
As I guy who drove a Civic EX for 12+ years before buying my TLX, I find even the suggestion of comparing the two laughable. One is literally more than twice the price of the other at base level trims -- who is cross-shopping this combination of cars? The Civic only comes with 140 HP (automatic), and doesn't come close to features as in the TLX.

Perhaps the author of the article meant to say shinier Accord rather than Civic, which might be a more reasonable comparison to a TLX. But if this author is serious about comparing the TLX and Civic, it doesn't make me question the TLX -- it makes me question the analytical ability of the author and his employer.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The TLX and the Civic are both compact cars. Yes, the TLX is technically smaller than the Accord. This was discussed thoroughly last year on the TLX forums.

Sit in the backseat of an Accord, and then sit in the backseat of a TLX. Which car has a larger backseat?

·
Registered
29 Posts
TLX is more close in terms of length to the Accord than Civic. But anyway, they are different class and different propositions cars. We should not compare. We can compare TLX with IS, A4, etc

·
Registered
191 Posts
The TLX and the Civic are both compact cars. Yes, the TLX is technically smaller than the Accord. This was discussed thoroughly last year on the TLX forums.

Sit in the backseat of an Accord, and then sit in the backseat of a TLX. Which car has a larger backseat?
Technically smaller, maybe, but in driver seat I have more room in TLX than in Accord. Maybe the seat isn't going back as far as the TLX in the Accord... but the fact is that I had less room in the Accord.

Same impressions with Lexus ES350... Lexus has more room when I read numbers, but less room as I am inside...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts