Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after spending several hours researching/watching sound clips on how I can get a more aggressive, yet not too obnoxious, exhaust note out of my ,new to me, TLX (2018 3.5 Tech.). With that being said, I am more confused now than when I started my quest. As my wife and I have a new little member in our family, I am wanting to try to keep my budget to a minimum if possible. Initially I was looking at the simple resonator delete (I had a Altima SER years ago with the VQ35 and it made it sound just how I wanted it). Where my confusion began was when I found a diagram of the TLX's exhaust system and noticed the quad resonators (or are the center ones referred to as "mid mufflers"?).

From the clips I heard, I am leaning towards deleting the mufflers and seeing how that sounds in person. My next step is where I get confused... I see people are replacing the resonators with Magnaflow units along with the muffler delete. My question is... are they just replacing the front 2 and leaving the mids? I have attached a diagram below to help anyone willing to walk me through this. Thanks for your time, and Happy New Year!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts