Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ll have this issue occasionally where any audio (PocketCasts, Pandora, Spotify) will play about a second or two then pause itself. Very frustrating and the only resolution seems to be to park and shut the car off, restart and then plug the phone in gracefully. Very frustrating especially if, say, I don’t discover it’s happening til I’m on the highway and can’t stop.

It seems to mostly be if I plug the phone in before I turn on the car, rather than letting the system boot up, connect to Bluetooth then plug in.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any TSBs out related to android auto that could help? I know AA has more software in the car itself than CarPlay does.

Otherwise I’ve just about got the hang of using the jog wheel to control Android Auto. It’s actually a little safer than the touch screen to use while driving i find, especially as a lefty. (My last car, a Volt, had a single, working touchscreen for android auto/CarPlay.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Android Audio software is terrible

I just purchased a 2019 Acura TLX and the Android Audio is in dire need of a software patch. It only recognizes my commands 1/2 the time. It freezes up my cell phone. I can't listen to my voicemail since it doesn't recognize the buttons pressed on my cell phone to put in password. When I make a call 1/3 of the time I see the call on my car screen but the sound is coming from my speaker on my cell phone. The top screen I use for google maps and its been coming up a black screen and will not display the map. I have to disconnect my phone and plug it back in several times. The hang up button doesn't always work. Is anyone else having these problems for the 2019 TLX? :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
I’ll have this issue occasionally where any audio (PocketCasts, Pandora, Spotify) will play about a second or two then pause itself. Very frustrating and the only resolution seems to be to park and shut the car off, restart and then plug the phone in gracefully. Very frustrating especially if, say, I don’t discover it’s happening til I’m on the highway and can’t stop.

It seems to mostly be if I plug the phone in before I turn on the car, rather than letting the system boot up, connect to Bluetooth then plug in.

Anyone else experiencing this? Any TSBs out related to android auto that could help? I know AA has more software in the car itself than CarPlay does.

Otherwise I’ve just about got the hang of using the jog wheel to control Android Auto. It’s actually a little safer than the touch screen to use while driving i find, especially as a lefty. (My last car, a Volt, had a single, working touchscreen for android auto/CarPlay.)
I have the same issue. I never have to shut off my car, I just unplug my phone wait couple seconds then re-plug. Usually the first try will fix but on occasion it takes a couple times.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, if it persists I may just go back to iPhone since they're going to finally support Google Maps and Waze.

To be honest I'd probably have bought a 3 Series if I knew they were going to do that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm have this issue right now. I have to just unplug it and plug it back in once or twice. It's mildly annoying. Has anyone found a fix yet?

2018 TLX w/technology package

·
507 Posts
There seems to be a host of annoyances with Android Auto. Two I've experienced is Pandora randomly stopping and then restarting about 5 minutes later and Google Play music stopping after about 10 seconds of play. In many of the cases I've found that turning off my phone and rebooting it solves the problem, albeit temporarily.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Biggest issue I have and they have no clue whatsoever what is causing it, is with the Bluetooth when using Android Auto with my Pixel 3XL. Mind you, it's a Google phone and I have this issue. I cannot connect to Bluetooth when the phone is connected to Android Auto. Bluetooth works when not connected to the cable and Android Auto. The dealership was just as dumbfounded as I was. Of course they put it on Google. I mentioned it to Google and they're clueless also. So I live with it and I'll just have to make or receive a call when I'm parked and not connected to the cable. Also at times the music will stutter but I think that is related to the Bluetooth issue and the phone periodically trying to connect to the car. It's odd!

·
507 Posts
Biggest issue I have and they have no clue whatsoever what is causing it, is with the Bluetooth when using Android Auto with my Pixel 3XL. Mind you, it's a Google phone and I have this issue. I cannot connect to Bluetooth when the phone is connected to Android Auto. Bluetooth works when not connected to the cable and Android Auto. The dealership was just as dumbfounded as I was. Of course they put it on Google. I mentioned it to Google and they're clueless also. So I live with it and I'll just have to make or receive a call when I'm parked and not connected to the cable. Also at times the music will stutter but I think that is related to the Bluetooth issue and the phone periodically trying to connect to the car. It's odd!
I'm sure you've tried this, but I'll mention it anyway. There's a setting in Android Auto called "Use Bluetooth". It toggles on and off for "Turn Bluetooth on when Android Auto is running". Perhaps that setting is toggled to the off position?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm sure you've tried this, but I'll mention it anyway. There's a setting in Android Auto called "Use Bluetooth". It toggles on and off for "Turn Bluetooth on when Android Auto is running". Perhaps that setting is toggled to the off position?
I believe it is set like that but I'll double check. At this point it's worth looking at again. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll let you know if that was the issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts