Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,
happy to join you all with my 4 cylinder TLX (base model) that i got today.
loving it so far, so much better deal for the money in terms of options and build quality compared to competition.
wanna say great choice to all of us who went with TLX
cheers:)

·
Premium Member
4,943 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum. I'm also in a Civic currently and plan on changing to a TLX in the next few months. I'm interested to hear on what you think of the car over the next while.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Congratulations ! I am also a former Civic owner (for 8 trouble free years) and very happy with my TLX I4. I am absolutely certain that you will enjoy the change :)

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
hey everyone,
happy to join you all with my 4 cylinder TLX (base model) that i got today.
loving it so far, so much better deal for the money in terms of options and build quality compared to competition.
wanna say great choice to all of us who went with TLX
cheers:)
Welcome to the Forum!

Please share your experiences, and photos.:)

Please read all forums and sub forums, as you may find most of the info very helpful.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I have been checking out a number of other forum sites and the one thing that I notice is that there are many people on both sides of the fence about how good/bad this car is but the one thing that all of this discussion is establishing is that Acura is once again relevant in this segment because even the haters are talking about it. To me that shows respect even if that's not their intention.

Kudos to Acura for returning to the entry level luxury sport sedan market. They may never have fully left it but they were obscure for a while.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for warm welcome replies,
yeah civic was a reliable and a fun to drive car for 2.5 years but i felt like its time to upgrade to something with original honda feel and drive but with more comfort.
i personally am not a fanboy of any sorts and i would say that i have been thinking about what to get for almost 6 months now, 3 series, c class or a4 are just plain too expensive and cost too much to maintain and dont retain their value as good as japanese do. so i was left with q50 and is250 both of which for some reason i didnt like, i dont know why:) q50 too big and is250 was too expensive and wasnt offering anything superior to tlx.
the dealership gave me free for life oil change, car wash and rotation with 4 years 50k miles 24/7 roadside assistance which was a pretty good deal.
it is really comfortable and quiet, my wife's reaction was 'its as quiet as Alma's car' (her friend who drives a lexus rx350) so im guessing its more quiet that traditional acuras. i will post more as i experience with this car:)
thanks again for replies

·
Registered
260 Posts
Seems like being an ex civic owner is the thing to do on this forum. Its a nice step up going from the civic to the TLX. Was your positive experience with the civic one of your reasons for getting the TLX? Is there some brand loyalty going on here?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seems like being an ex civic owner is the thing to do on this forum. Its a nice step up going from the civic to the TLX. Was your positive experience with the civic one of your reasons for getting the TLX? Is there some brand loyalty going on here?
I always liked how civic drives, its light, it revs and accelerates good (if there is no extra weight in the car) and its reliability, low cost of maintenance and good mpg. the only things you may get tired of in a civic after some time (and age may be) is the cabin noise and lack of comfort, you start to notice that if you go for longer drives that last couple of hours, both of which TLX taces care of and on the top of that gives you more space inside, luxurious feel and all the extra goodies that come with an acura such as heated power seats, moonroof, push start, keyless entry, etc. along with heated side mirrors and back up camera which are more of a safety requirement i would say while maintaining (if not improving) the mpg, reliability and sporty drive of a civic.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My wife went from a mini cooper to the TLX.

I think Acuras did/do have a rep for bad cabin noise. I know the engineers did a lot of work on it. And to my ears the work paid off. The TLX seemed like the quietest car we test drove. I wish reviews showed noise ratings for the cars so we could know for sure.

·
Registered
134 Posts
AS a former Civic & Accord owner myself I'm always puzzled by the shot at Acuras about being dressed up Hondas. I mean they build the most reliable engines, keep their value and offer great driving experience so if you were going to build a luxury brand can you think of a better platform to use?

BTW reliability isn't even close:

Top 10 manufacturers

Manufacturer Failure rate (%) Failure rate (1 in x)
1 Honda 0.29% 1 in 344
2 Toyota 0.58% 1 in 171
3 Mercedes 0.84% 1 in 119
4 Volvo 0.90% 1 in 111
5 Jaguar 0.98% 1 in 103
Bottom 10 manufacturers

Manufacturer Failure rate (%) Failure rate (1 in x)
1 MG Rover 7.88% 1 in 13
2 Audi 3.71% 1 in 27
3 MINI 2.51% 1 in 40
4 Saab 2.49% 1 in 40
5 Vauxhall 2.46% 1 in 41

1 - 12 of 12 Posts