Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a new-to-me '17 TLX, and love it. However, the outside temperature reading is 10-15 degrees HIGHER than what can be adjusted in the vehicle settings. I went under the car and found the sensor. I tested the sensor with a Ohm meter and it SEEMS to respond.

I'm wondering if the previous owner/repair shop moved it at some point in a not so great place. Right now, it's attached with a clip behind the radiator, between the radiator and firewall, on the passenger side. I can't seem to find any specific drawings or manuals that describe the proper location of the sensor. So, before I go out and buy a replacement for $40, I'm wondering if I simply need to relocate the existing sensor to the proper location.

Anyone have experience with this, or can check their car and see if the sensor is in the same place as mine?

Here are some photos of where my sensor is at:

·
Super Moderator
984 Posts
If it looks like there is new tape or ty-wraps that look different than those near-by, maybe they relocated the sensor. But that seems unlikely. Disconnect it and see what temp is displayed.
Your picture, what direction is forward? Is that sensor before or after the radiator as the car travels forward?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I tried to enhance the photo - I'll try to get some better lighting under the car. What you are seeing (looking up under the front of the vehicle) is the bumper bar on the left and the radiator on the right. So the front of the car is on the left. The sensor is clipped on a slot between both, but I'm thinking it was improperly placed by a previous repair shop. I can't even find a repair manual to buy (yet) to help me with this. I'm hoping someone has a similar model and can let me know where it is on their car perhaps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts