Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally things are going to get exciting for the ILX and other Acura's!

Details have surfaced that all Acura models will be getting an all-wheel-drive option by 2016.

That means even the entry-level ILX will be offered with AWD in a couple of years, and expect some mild updates to the sedan as Acura tries to push it to be a more attractive option in the segment. It is expected that the TLX will receive Jewel Eye headlights, AcuraLink, improved smartphone integration and the TLX’s 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine for the 2016 model year.

The details come via the same dealer source that let slip the specs on the upcoming 2015 Acura TLX.

Expect similar updates to arrive for the 2016 RDX as well, including rear air conditioning vents, a power tailgate on all models and an advanced trim that will bring the luxury features of the MDX to its smaller stablemate. Both vehicles will also receive the brand’s ODMD, a touchscreen system that is currently seen in the MDX and RLX models.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I think that AWD will be a welcome addition to the Acura lineup. It continues with Acura's focus on making performance vehicles.

Will this move set Acura models apart from its luxury brand competitors? Will it give them a leg up on the competition?

·
Registered
339 Posts
that is good to hear

give the ILX AWD + 6 speed.

supercharge the 2.4L

throw an LSD and navigation on

you will have my money

·
Registered
251 Posts
Do you think that this will end up increasing the price of Acuras in the future? How much extra will we have to pay in order to make the inclusion of AWD profitable for Acura?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it will definitely raise prices, but by how much? im not sure if we can be to sure about that, maybe a few thousand?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Would you guys choose the AWD version every time or do you think there will still be a lot of people who will go with the RWD option?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I like the TLX but since I don't like getting the first year model, I'll probably go with the 2016 RDX. With those rumored upgrades, what a good timing!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts