Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 2012 RDX and received the dreaded letter. I called my dealer and they just flat out said "no safety concerns; we'll order you the new part". I've now been told by someone with an Acura, and their dealer (different than mine, but in same city) had told them to immediately stop driving the car.

What should I do? Call my dealer back or escalate directly to Customer relations?

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts

What should I do? Call my dealer back or escalate directly to Customer relations?
Doesn't hurt to get a second opinion.

People have been blinded or killed by faulty airbags. You may be okay, odds are a weird thing.

I guess you need to know why they are being recalled. Simply not going off when expected or something that would hurt you or worse.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys, I have a 2012 RDX and received the dreaded letter. I called my dealer and they just flat out said "no safety concerns; we'll order you the new part". I've now been told by someone with an Acura, and their dealer (different than mine, but in same city) had told them to immediately stop driving the car.

I know its hard not to be able to drive your own car but folks have been killed due to the faulty airbag:
Honda Acura Takata airbag recalls make it illegal for dealers to sell used vehicles
Takata airbag blamed for a Texas driver's death - Apr. 6, 2016

·
Registered
104 Posts

You might want to do some searching about Takata airbags. Dealers are providing loaner or rental cars to people with affected vehicles because of the potential safety hazard caused by the airbag problem. Your dealer is mistaken. I'm sure Acura corporate would love to hear what they told you.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts

Did you try calling the Airbag Hotline? There is a direct number for the airbag issues here in Canada.

[FONT=Calibri,Bold][FONT=Calibri,Bold]For anyone who owns one of our vehicles and would like further information about the recall, we

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri,Bold][FONT=Calibri,Bold]encourage Honda vehicle owners to visit [/FONT][/FONT]www.honda.ca/recalls [FONT=Calibri,Bold][FONT=Calibri,Bold]or call the Honda Airbag Inflator[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Bold][FONT=Calibri,Bold] [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Bold][FONT=Calibri,Bold]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Bold][FONT=Calibri,Bold]Hotline at 1-877-445-7754 and encourage Acura vehicle owners to visit [/FONT][/FONT]www.acura.ca/recalls [FONT=Calibri,Bold][FONT=Calibri,Bold]or call[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri,Bold]

[FONT=Calibri,Bold]

the Acura Airbag Inflator Hotline at 1-877-445-9844.
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts