Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone that has had the new Nav update applied to their TLX, or if you have a newer model that already has the update, what does the hyphenated lines mean on the Nav display?

Previously, these indicators were solid lines of red, yellow or green to indicate traffic flow. Some have noticed that after the update, hyphenated lines began appearing with these same colors. No one has made sense of it as far as I can tell.

Maybe someone here has figured it out? :confused:

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could these hyphens represent road construction? Scattered green hyphens could indicate smooth ride with road construction that might slow you down. Solid green is clear sailing. At least this would allow for yellow and red hyphens. Where red could be road construction with horrible traffic.

I guess I am over thinking this but I like a good puzzle. :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
I think a read somewhere hyphenated green line indicates no current data available, but I might be wrong.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think a read somewhere hyphenated green line indicates no current data available, but I might be wrong.

@J233, I think you are correct. Someone on another forum said it was in a legend somewhere that the data was not currently available and best guess was posted according to time trends.

I guess I am ready for my update, but oil is only at 50%. Don't plan for a visit before then.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Yes, the dashed lines mean it is the predicted traffic flow based on historical data for that time of day. Solid lines mean the system is using live traffic data.

Reactions: Summest

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes, the dashed lines mean it is the predicted traffic flow based on historical data for that time of day. Solid lines mean the system is using live traffic data.
Thanks. Did not know this. I always figured the lines were meant to inform about traffic but could not figure it out!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Regardless of update, the Nav system is terrible for predicting traffic, particularly when compared to Waze or Google Maps, which is what I had used prior to this. I keep trying to see if I have a setting wrong
There is a menu option under navi settings-> routing->route preference-> Server routes-> can be set to on or off. I have tried both settings, neither seem to alter the outcome.
I called the tech guy at my dealer as well as Acura customer service, no one seems to know answer. Woondering if anyone here does?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dashed Lines Icons Legend

After reading NAV help from the console in the TLX, I found where it is written what the dashed line icons represent. Mostly everyone was correct in their replies, but it's nice to finally see it in official print. I wonder if this was added to help after the recent update?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hey @Summest, where can I find my current NAV (and other ) software version numbers?

Is this pushed down, or it a dealer visit required?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey @Summest, where can I find my current NAV (and other ) software version numbers?

Is this pushed down, or it a dealer visit required?
I remembered I posted this information on my first oil change visit report. You can read the whole thread. I was there for 5+ hours at the dealer. The dealer connected to Acura either over the cell connection or satellite and installed the executable (?) and then ran it. It took about 6 hours of driving time to complete.

Here is the only serial numbers I found during the update...

http://www.tlxforums.com/forum/66658-post12.html

1 - 14 of 14 Posts