Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The verdict is I love my TLX Tech AWD. Great car, a few small gripes though:

1 - Folding mirrors - I wish these would be automatic like in the higher end vehicles (BMW, Lexus, etc.). Fold when off, and open when on with a manual override to fold if needed when squeezing through a tight spot.

2 - The sound system, there has been enough said on this so I won't elaborate.

3 - Love the remote starter, with the exception of not starting the seat warmers. Such a small thing that would mean so much.

That's it - outside of that, you can't beat (IMO) the value for the $!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the SH-AWD elite - the heated seats and heated steering wheel, both activate with the remote start. Is it a feature specific to the elite?

·
Registered
666 Posts
The justification for not automatically folding the mirrors is to prevent burning out the motors when/if freezing rain or snow prevents the housing from moving. Forums in Europe are full of people reporting burnt out motors. The TLX is manufactured for multiple climates so what is best for drivers in winter conditions tends to be used as the standard for the rest. It is fairly easy to remember to press and release the button after using it for a while.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The 2015 RLX does have the option to auto-fold on door lock/unfold on door unlock. Still, in my usage often I wouldn't want the mirrors to unfold until I exited out of the tight spot first. An option to unfold on reaching speed would be nice to have (like the auto locking of doors).

Still better than the American TLX which doesn't get power folding mirrors at all!

As for the seat heaters, from what I've read the seat heaters do come on a remote start. It may be that they're not very strong. However, once you get into a Tech TLX and hit the start button, the seat heaters will turn off. On the Elite/Advance TLX, the seats can be set to Auto so that it'll continue to warm the seats. Really, this Auto functionally should have been in the Tech TLX; hopefully Acura will upgrade the software to allow this.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I wonder if we're getting to the point where they could add in the seat warmer feature with a software patch/update?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@TLX2014 - remembering is easy, that wasn't the point - it was convenience. Also as for the burnt out motors, my parents both have a BMW 5 series and the Lexus RX, and it works with no issue there. So there has to be a way to do it well.
@accord1999 - agreed on the exiting the vehicle, on the lexus (don't remember the BMW), it only folds when you lock the doors and the engine is off, so this solves that problem.

Again - love the car, just a few little things that will make things better, and after all, isn't what these forums are about? :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
80 Posts
I can live with manual folding mirrors and the seat heaters that turn off when re-entering the car after remote start but what really gets my goat going is that darn engine auto-shut off that shuts the engine off when you're stop at a red light and it is -20 outside only to restart the engine after 4 seconds... :(

If it is below freezing please Acura leave the darn engine running

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.