Acura TLX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some comments after 2000 km. It’s a great, comfortable car. There was no problem getting used to the push button shifter. I really like the brake hold, ACC and LKAS and use them most of the time on a daily 100 km trip. The engine idle stop irritated me for a while—used in conjunction with the brake hold there were too many jerky starts—until I realised that a small movement of the steering wheel can bring the engine to life just before you need to take off. (Yes, it’s there on page 344 of the manual.) So now I don’t have to drive with the yellow warning icon on. Recently I’ve been driving on snow-covered roads and felt very stable. I’ve found that it takes very little snow on the rear bumper to screw up the radar sensors; the system warns there are obstacles to backing when there are not.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Agreed on the snow/sensior challenge! Had my first snow drive yesterday, hopped in the car in a parking lot and apparently i was boxed in with no where to go. A quick wipe with the snow brush and i was good.

I did get few false alarms again at low speed, and disabled the feature for the rest of the drive however,

·
Registered
228 Posts
Great to hear your thoughts on the TLX. Glad to hear that the push button shifter isn't a big deal for you because other people have been complaining about it. Didn't know that thing about the steering wheel for the engine idle function too.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How are you finding gas mileage to be now that you put on 2000km's?
I have averaged 9 L/100 km [(26.2 mpg(US)]. My driving has been about 80% on highway, at sub-zero [FONT=&quot]°[/FONT]C temperatures with some short in-town trips at -20 [FONT=&quot]°[/FONT]C or so. (I don’t live in Florida.) Most of the driving has been in "normal" IDS mode; I've played with Sport a little just for the heck of it.

SH-AWD, Elite

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.