Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked a salesperson at my local Acura dealer if the dealer plans on adding ADM's to the TLX price for being a new model and he claims Acura has not asked them to do that yet. They already have ADM's on all their new cars charging $1995.00 for silly things like upholstery and paint protector and a Rocky Mountain profit. Has anyone heard of or seen ADM's on the TLX because it's new?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pardon my ignorance, but what is an ADM?
ADM = Added Dealer Markup.....It's a sticker plastered next to the Monroney sticker (MSRP sticker) that the dealer uses to jack up the price of a car. It looks like it's part of the Monroney sticker but it's strictly a dealer sticker. Some dealers use the sticker to list a bunch of dealer added option because the dealer knows people want the new car now and will pay the extra money. Other times new models get an ADM sticker. For instance, when the Mazda Miata came out in 1989 the ADM was 2000.00 because there was a big demand for the car and people ponied up the ADM to get the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just ordered an I4 TLX with Tech Package, Body side molding and Protection pack II for total $35,169.00 I wanted those 2 items. There was no secondary sticker or pressure. I also took the finance deal with the first 2 months payment certificate (up to $1K) to obtain a better net price. The additional $500.00 "accessories" certificate I was given will buy me the r Acura molded rubber 4-piece floor mats at the parts department. Just add 3% NC tax and DMV. The dealer was very flexible and professional . delivery in 10 days. Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I just ordered an I4 TLX with Tech Package, Body side molding and Protection pack II for total $35,169.00 I wanted those 2 items. There was no secondary sticker or pressure. I also took the finance deal with the first 2 months payment certificate (up to $1K) to obtain a better net price. The additional $500.00 "accessories" certificate I was given will buy me the r Acura molded rubber 4-piece floor mats at the parts department. Just add 3% NC tax and DMV. The dealer was very flexible and professional . delivery in 10 days. Will keep you posted.
Welcome to the forum.

Congrats on getting a TLX.

Post some pictures of it if you have any!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm heading to the dealer tonight as they finally got 8 TLX's in. I was there in May and they had $1990.00 ADM on all their new cars with $995.00 for paint and upholstery protectant i.e. wax and 3M upholstery spray and $995.00 listed as Rocky Mountain Profit.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I read a piece the other day on TTAC how honda has increased their incentive spending by 55% lately. Granted I'm not sure if that was Honda the brand or Honda the corporation...

·
Registered
1 Posts

$35 was your out the door price before tax? I am in NC too and I looking to get the I4 TLX w/ Tech. Where in NC are you?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Wow $2k markup is crazy, with that being the case with them I rather shop around, find a dealer that isnt marking them up or not near as much as that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow $2k markup is crazy, with that being the case with them I rather shop around, find a dealer that isnt marking them up or not near as much as that.
I'm just going to ignore it if they bring it to the table. I'm not seeing anyone reporting they got any type of deal on the car other than MSRP - loyalty money. If they insist on adding the ADM to the MSRP then I'll flip-out the business card of a salesmen in Boulder Co that says they do not charge any ADM. I have no problem driving 100 miles to save $2000.

·
Registered
28 Posts
ADM = Added Dealer Markup.....It's a sticker plastered next to the Monroney sticker (MSRP sticker) that the dealer uses to jack up the price of a car. It looks like it's part of the Monroney sticker but it's strictly a dealer sticker. Some dealers use the sticker to list a bunch of dealer added option because the dealer knows people want the new car now and will pay the extra money. Other times new models get an ADM sticker. For instance, when the Mazda Miata came out in 1989 the ADM was 2000.00 because there was a big demand for the car and people ponied up the ADM to get the car.
In all the years I have been with Acura I don't think I have ever seen this ADM on their car invoice. On the other hand Dealers selling American cars played that game all the time especially with over priced paint protection packages. I would never play their game and would simply say something like "You deserve to make a profit to stay in business but you don't deserve to gouge your customers". Still feel that same way!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I didn't really see any evidence of a price markup when I purchased my TLX. However, they will only allow you a certain price for a trade and for discount on the new car. This is market driven. There does seem to be a short supply of cars at dealers so this is normal. I had to call and arrange a test drive. I had to wait about a week for the car to be available. When I test drove the car I was lucky as they had one Red Pearl I4 model that was exactly what I wanted. The dealer did drive a hard bargain and it was a tough negotiation but I was satisfied in the end. The clincher for me was to bet the spare tire for free. The spare is an option (they just give you fix-a-flat and a air compressor with the car. Price of the spare is about $500!!!. I'm not driving a car without a spare.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didn't really see any evidence of a price markup when I purchased my TLX. However, they will only allow you a certain price for a trade and for discount on the new car. This is market driven. There does seem to be a short supply of cars at dealers so this is normal. I had to call and arrange a test drive. I had to wait about a week for the car to be available. When I test drove the car I was lucky as they had one Red Pearl I4 model that was exactly what I wanted. The dealer did drive a hard bargain and it was a tough negotiation but I was satisfied in the end. The clincher for me was to bet the spare tire for free. The spare is an option (they just give you fix-a-flat and a air compressor with the car. Price of the spare is about $500!!!. I'm not driving a car without a spare.
My local dealer got one, sold it and waited another week for a shipment. They got a nice selection of I4 and V6. The TLX's were still going through tech check in so I did not see ADM's on them. The sales guy was nice but really started pushing me to put a 1k down so he could go out and find a White/Espresso V6 Advance. He said it could take a month or so as Acura only builds one colour combination a week....(ya right).

I don't have a trade in and I'm paying cash so this should be a no-brainer for the sales guy. If he wants to blow his commission by shoving an ADM into the deal I'll have no problem giving him 1 opportunity to pull it out after that I walk out the door.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts