Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to find something similar to Kicker's Soundgate Powerstage for a 2015 2.4L 4D Acura TLX w/ Tech. Also, I was trying to see if there was a fitted 12" enclosure as well. I recently bought this car and pulled everything out of my 2008 Mustang. But the stereo in this Acura is connected to too much other stuff in the car. They use it as a control interface for a lot of the cars features and to be honest the stereos not too bad but it just has absolutely no bass.I'm really trying to find a wiring harness so that I don't have to cut and splice any wires. Just something that I can get a small mono amp and a 12" Sub in my car. Any information or links to solution would be very grateful.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I was trying to find something similar to Kicker's Soundgate Powerstage for a 2015 2.4L 4D Acura TLX w/ Tech. Also, I was trying to see if there was a fitted 12" enclosure as well. I recently bought this car and pulled everything out of my 2008 Mustang. But the stereo in this Acura is connected to too much other stuff in the car. They use it as a control interface for a lot of the cars features and to be honest the stereos not too bad but it just has absolutely no bass.I'm really trying to find a wiring harness so that I don't have to cut and splice any wires. Just something that I can get a small mono amp and a 12" Sub in my car. Any information or links to solution would be very grateful.
You sure ask an odd range of questions. :D

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Do you know if your friend had to change any of the wiring etc?

It's good info if other members decide that they want to do the same. Also, how much difference was there in the bass?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had an 07 TL with the typical weak subwoofer and installed a small amp, bridged to mono. I disconnected the rear deck stock sub wires, ran them into the amp's line level inputs (amp had auto turn on, and because you're bridging the amp it doesn't matter what stereo side you connect the stock mono sub signal to). Hardest parts were running a power wire from the battery through the firewall into the trunk (youtube is great for this), and fabbing a bracket to hang the amp under the rear deck. Then a short wire from amp to stock sub with some alligator clips to the sub (these never fell off). Adding the aftermarket amp lets you tune its controls to get gain. The stock sub speaker itself is decent and can handle way more power than the stock system delivers. Ended up with great bass adjustable from the factory controls without a box in the trunk. Doesn't thump like a teenager's Civic but not into that. Anyway, my 2015 TLX SHAWD Tech ELS has the same weak bass everyone complains about and thinking of doing the same with it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Finally everything is in.
MKS do you have any details on the wiring at the factory amp? Which wires are for which speakers? Were you able to source a harness without having to splice into the factory wiring? Thank you!

·
Registered
213 Posts
i've got a 10" alpine type e sub and an amp i'm going to add on to the stock stuff.. going to have it custom installed into the drive side panel of the trunk closer to summer.. cant wait..

·
Registered
194 Posts
I see he also installed focal tweeters and so I'm assuming mid range drivers but there's no pic of that. I was hoping to get some info on the tweets, mid range, and bypassing factory amp to use your own amp :( I keep looking for this here and elsewhere and those that did it never come back to explain. The sub is the only detailed writeup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
979 Posts
^you can do it the same with with a 4 channel line out converter. whatever inputs to the factory amp, just tap them before the amp into a line out converter; pre outs to an aftermarket amp to power your components or tweeters what have you and leave the factory amp un plugged. there you go, factory amp bypassed.

if i were running a sub aswell, how i would do it is, two channel line out tapped into the sub harness like above; a 4 or 6 channel line out for the components and tweeters tapped off the head unit pre factory amp OR at the speakers (after all you're just using the signal not the power), SPLIT the fuse tap for the remote wire to turn on both aftermarket amps, run a heavy gague power wire to a fuse distribution block and then to both the sub and component amps, then tune it all. the factory head unit isn't the greatest for tuning components tho, for a sub it's fine however this is all over kill to me because the ELS sounds system has great mid, high and centre channels.

·
Registered
194 Posts
^you can do it the same with with a 4 channel line out converter. whatever inputs to the factory amp, just tap them before the amp into a line out converter; pre outs to an aftermarket amp to power your components or tweeters what have you and leave the factory amp un plugged. there you go, factory amp bypassed.

if i were running a sub aswell, how i would do it is, two channel line out tapped into the sub harness like above; a 4 or 6 channel line out for the components and tweeters tapped off the head unit pre factory amp OR at the speakers (after all you're just using the signal not the power), SPLIT the fuse tap for the remote wire to turn on both aftermarket amps, run a heavy gague power wire to a fuse distribution block and then to both the sub and component amps, then tune it all. the factory head unit isn't the greatest for tuning components tho, for a sub it's fine however this is all over kill to me because the ELS sounds system has great mid, high and centre channels.

The only holdup for me is I don't know which wire colors are for which speaker. I posted in a different forum and received no answer but was wondering if I pay for a days subscription on this website -- https://techinfo.honda.com/ -- will it have that wiring diagram info?

My goal is as you say to tap pre amp, maybe even trial and error purchasing a couple matching metra harness' meant for an accord but that would also plug into this without tapping the wires...

I don't have the ELS although I'm surprised to hear mostly positive feedback about it (except for the sub which by itself is very easy to fix). I actually intentionally opted out of the tech package partly assuming all the extras would further complicate putting in a new system as they often times do in other vehicles. Assumed the stock speakers wouldn't be good enough

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've got my old component set lying around. I'm even just thinking of throwing it in and seeing how the stock amp handles them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
My friend has a shop and he did all the work for me.
I have a JL 5 ch amp, JL 12' sub.

He rewired and initially installed Audio Control Line out converter, i believe it is 5 channel.

Had it in for almost a year but it just didn't sound great to me. A few weeks ago i removed the Audio control and installed JL cleansweep. I like the sound so much better now, anyone in Toronto area is welcome to hear it if they want.

·
Registered
194 Posts
My friend has a shop and he did all the work for me.
I have a JL 5 ch amp, JL 12' sub.

He rewired and initially installed Audio Control Line out converter, i believe it is 5 channel.

Had it in for almost a year but it just didn't sound great to me. A few weeks ago i removed the Audio control and installed JL cleansweep. I like the sound so much better now, anyone in Toronto area is welcome to hear it if they want.

Thanks that's good to know I was gonna start off with an audio control so you possibly saved me some time there I'll give the clean sweep a shot. I've read really good things about it. I was thinking bitone but I was reading people were having issues with those. Just need to know the wiring diagram is really all and hoping someone shares specific details on that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts