Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Acura's new TLX Ad Campaign titled "Official Vehicle of Everything Thrilling"

Acura is coming out with a new ad campaign for the TLX called "Official Vehicle of Everything Thrilling." It is going to run across ESPN digital and other channels during the coverage of the college basketball championships.

The ad campaign also has a tagline -- "It's that kind of thrill." The campaign aims to drive conversation about the new TLX sports sedan.

Here are some highlights of the "Official Vehicle of Everything Thrilling" Campaign:
- Standard banners featuring copy/taglines/text such as: "The official vehicle of destroying your boss's bracket".
- Push-down banners with video vignettes comparing the thrill of driving the TLX to "staring into a wolf's eyes".
- Real-time banners linked to live-action game coverage.
- Social media integrations and a sweepstakes opportunity to win the all-new 2015 TLX.
- Acura Newsroom: The luxury automaker has enlisted a team of writers, designers and producers to create digital media, in response to live game action with banner ads. The ads compare the thrill of driving the Acura TLX to the thrilling events that college basketball fans are watching unfold (ex: "The official vehicle of sending the game into overtime by tipping-in your own miss.").

It seems like a pretty big title to live up to being the Official Vehicle of Everything Thrilling, especially since thrilling is one of the last words I would use to describe Acura. I think that an ad campaign can only do so much to sell a car. A lot of the responsibility for selling the car has to lie with the car itself. Should get them good exposure though.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Seems like they will be promoting this the hardest out of all their vehicles. Big push in marketing to come! Hopefully it translated into a lot of sales as they really need it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
is this the first product of Acura's new devoted marketing department? Is this supposed to be the new marketing direction that saves the brand?

I think that as a marketer/advertiser you can only do so much with the product that you are given...

·
Registered
260 Posts
I doubt that the marketing strategy that they are using for the TLX will be ale to sell the ILX or RLX, but I do think that they could come up with something that boosts the sales of those vehicles. I just don't think that advertising the RLX as the "official car of everything ________" will work. I don't even think it is that great a strategy for the TLX. It seems as though Acura doesn't know who it is. Once they figure that out, it should be easier to present that identity to customers.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I doubt that the marketing strategy that they are using for the TLX will be ale to sell the ILX or RLX, but I do think that they could come up with something that boosts the sales of those vehicles. I just don't think that advertising the RLX as the "official car of everything ________" will work. I don't even think it is that great a strategy for the TLX. It seems as though Acura doesn't know who it is. Once they figure that out, it should be easier to present that identity to customers.
Good point, seems like they really need to see where the TLX stands among the rest and expand on that and not see it for what they want to

·
Registered
339 Posts
if Acura really wants to thrill they will have to show proof

do a comparison with the competition on the track

let people drive it and compare themselves.

·
Registered
727 Posts
if Acura really wants to thrill they will have to show proof

do a comparison with the competition on the track

let people drive it and compare themselves.
I think they did this with the RLX, if they did it with the RLX i bet they will with the TLX, since it is more ideal for the track

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.