Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I recently read a 09/05/2014 (early on) review of the TLX by Autoweek, which can be found here:

[FONT=&quot]http://autoweek.com/article/car-reviews/2015-acura-tlx-second-drive-review

In the article, the author talks about the engine line up and states:

[/FONT]A sportier version of the TLX was repeatedly hinted at by Acura personnel, but there’s no saying what might be under the hood of that. Honda’s rekindled interest in forced induction raises some interesting possibilities, though. Hey, the racing version of the TLX uses a twin-turbo V6, so we can dream.

Now that the NSX is reaching the light at the end of the tunnel -- in addition to the twin-turbo Infiniti Q50 announcement -- I can't help but speculate that Acura is planning on putting some sort of detuned version of the NSX's 3.5TT engine in an upcoming (maybe 2017 mid-cycle refresh) model. With all of the changing of the guard at Acura and revamped focus on design, it could shape up to be an interesting next few years for Acura's car divison.

·
Registered
238 Posts
So would this turbo'd engine only apply to an SH-AWD sedan trim? Or maybe add a SH-AWD Coupe with all this extra horsepower?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good questions. If they include FWD trims, they may want to switch the Goodyears out for something a liiitttle stickier.

·
Registered
75 Posts
A type-s with a tt v6 and more aggressive suspension would be fantastic. Maybe some unique colors too.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
While not a huge beak fan of the prev generations... I like the TLX's much more than the new MDX's grill.

·
Registered
35 Posts
While not a huge beak fan of the prev generations... I like the TLX's much more than the new MDX's grill.
I agree.That MDX grill looks horrible to me.I wonder how aero it is?
I like the TLX front end...and I really like the low drag...a benefit that just keeps paying off over time...

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I agree.That MDX grill looks horrible to me.I wonder how aero it is?
I like the TLX front end...and I really like the low drag...a benefit that just keeps paying off over time...
And you can measure that?

·
Registered
35 Posts
And you can measure that?
I can't measure drag coefficient...but it will result in less fuel consumption.Low CD cars have a very special appeal to me.The effects of low CD are apparent on the highway at speed...when I lift the throttle in the TLX it just keeps going....as opposed to some sport utes I have driven...which exhibit aero-braking(ie so much drag they need power to keep going at highway speed).The TLX HP to maintain 60mph vs say a Hummer to do the same would be a comical comparison.
The savings accrued over time is what I refer to.Low drag cars cost less to operate.

Acura claims best in class for the TLX...and I believe them.I found a site which estimated .28 CD which seems reasonable to me.I wish Acura would release the actual number.My experience driving the car leads me to believe it has very little drag at speed...which pleases me very much!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Blah, blah, blah. You purchased an almost 4000lb, V6 sporty sedan... buy a Prius if low CD appeals to you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Blah, blah, blah. You purchased an almost 4000lb, V6 sporty sedan... buy a Prius if low CD appeals to you.
3585lbs...and 33 mpg combined.And it is a rocket when needed.The beauty of a well engineered car!

A Prius as well as a S class benz have better CD.The prius is something I would not be caught dead in and the benz while epic is far too expensive.

I am delighted with my TLX...it is a fantastic automobile...quiet...fast...good handling...good fuel economy....seriously what's not to love?

My 69 Gran Prix did 0-60 in 5 flat.It got 8mpg.Highway...city...idling while falling off a cliff...8 MPG.On 100+ octane.I loved it.

I love the TLX more...it is so much better in every way it is like using a cheat code...except raw acceleration...the TLX is EPIC.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts