Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry for this totally n00b and dumb question, but coming from a 2001 acura EL i have been missing out on technology in between

so what is acuralink and what does it do? are there any subscription costs? how long does it last for?

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
I've never used Acura's system. I have however used Onstar in GM vehicles as well as the Honda system. They both have very similar features as AcuraLink. I am a technology addict so I'd definitely try it out.

I believe Acura includes it free for a year (I'm sure I read that somewhere). Maybe try it out and at the end of the year decide if it's worth the extra cost to continue on with the service.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
sorry for this totally n00b and dumb question, but coming from a 2001 acura EL i have been missing out on technology in between

so what is acuralink and what does it do? are there any subscription costs? how long does it last for?
Very good question.

I have had my TLX for a week and I am still trying to figure out what we get with AcuraLink. When I accepted delivery of the car, the salesman walked me through the enrollment for AcuraLink. There are three tiers available. I have the standard plan which is free for 3 years. (Lease is also 3 years, worked out.) One level up offers an operator assisted service like OnStar. A higher level up from that offers concierge service.

The only item I see is that AcuraLink gives me traffic information on the GPS with a red, yellow or green line. I tried some apps on my phone but they are only good for contacting Roadside Assistance and will not allow me to use the features that are only available on the paid tiers.

There is another button near the AcuraLink button that is for Roadside Assistance. Supposedly I will get more information on Roadside Assistance in the mail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts