Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through some of the settings and menus today when I noticed that my AcuraLink Traffic subscription shows that it will expire on August 8th, 2016...which is only a year and 7 months after I activated it. It should be good through January 4th, 2018 just like the Standard package. Anyone else seeing different subscription dates? I called AcuraLink and they told me that the traffic subscription is part of they standard subscription and that they see my account including traffic, is good through January 4th, 2018.

He is a picture of the screen that I just took

Also, I know I should probably sign up for the free 3 months of the full AcuraLink subsription. I will probably call later this week and get that going to try it out to see if I may like it down the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
AcuraLink

I was looking through some of the settings and menus today when I noticed that my AcuraLink Traffic subscription shows that it will expire on August 8th, 2016...which is only a year and 7 months after I activated it. It should be good through January 4th, 2018 just like the Standard package. Anyone else seeing different subscription dates? I called AcuraLink and they told me that the traffic subscription is part of they standard subscription and that they see my account including traffic, is good through January 4th, 2018.

He is a picture of the screen that I just took

Also, I know I should probably sign up for the free 3 months of the full AcuraLink subsription. I will probably call later this week and get that going to try it out to see if I may like it down the road.
I enquires several times about AcuraLink and was advised that the Standard and the Connect packages would be good for four years, but the Premium package was good for only one year. It was a big surprise when I reviewed the contract, all three levels are included for only ONE year. I have to sign up, ie pay, in future years. AcuraLink advised that the four year complimentary subscription was only available on 2014 models.:(

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I enquires several times about AcuraLink and was advised that the Standard and the Connect packages would be good for four years, but the Premium package was good for only one year. It was a big surprise when I reviewed the contract, all three levels are included for only ONE year. I have to sign up, ie pay, in future years. AcuraLink advised that the four year complimentary subscription was only available on 2014 models.:(
I was told that the Standard is free for 3 years. You can also get the full service free for the first 3 months...if you provide them a credit card. After that they charge you if you would like to keep anything more than the Standard for the first 3 years.

·
Registered
666 Posts
The offer is based on your country of purchase and could be even limited to a particular sales period. The offer in the US is quite different from the offer in Canada.

·
Registered
438 Posts
i dunno, gotta check again but last time i checked (early on when i first had the car), its only one year complimentary for us

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yer, it depends on the country of purchase.

They only introduced Acuralink last year to Canada, on the MDX and RLX, they offered a 3 year free subscription of the basic package with, I think, the top two packages being limited to 1 year only free.

Then with the 2015 models and the TLX release they moved it down to 1 year across all packages.

I think the US have had Acura link for a few years so they are at adifferent stage with the subscriptions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts