Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the 2nd level of AcuraLink and if so what is your impression?

PleasantRidger
2015 SHAWD Graphite Luster Metallic Greystone

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have used it. I mainly use it to request a new navigation destination if I am driving and can't enter it manually. It is good for that.

The vehicle status is usually right on. After a few days, I was finally able to get the remote lock, unlock, and flashing lights to work.

I am trying the concierge service out. So far, I don't see a huge need for that.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Q: second level means what exactly?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Q: second level means what exactly?
The brochure lists 3 levels of service:
1 Standard: Vehicle Services, Real Time Traffic, Smartphone Integration
2 Connect adds: Real Time Vehicle Status, Mobile Assist Services, Cloud Based Navigation services
3 Premium adds: Live Assistance 24/7

The most confusing to me is the difference in navigation functionality.

PleasantRidger

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
2 Connect adds: Real Time Vehicle Status, Mobile Assist Services, Cloud Based Navigation services

PleasantRidger
I only have standard for 3 years free in the USA. I still haven't figured out what I have besides the red and green lines in NAV. :(

·
Registered
274 Posts

PleasantRidger

The cloud based navigation functions similarly to On Star. A voice recognition service comes on the line, you tell it your destination, and 3 times out of 4 it finds it, and asks if you'd like to download that destination into your navigation. Then you can set it (all while on the go.)

If I could find a way to unlock the navigation while driving (only for a passenger to enter while en route), then I wouldn't have a need for this.

It is kind of a cool feature though... when it is not the 1 out of 4 times the system can't find your destination.

Happy Sunday all, and hope you guys are loving your TLXs! I know I am.

Wes

·
Registered
144 Posts
Acuralink and iPhone 4S = No Go

I think on another thread I posted that I was having issues with the Acuralink Connect App for iPhone when using my iPhone 4S. Unfortunately I cannot locate that thread to complete the thought, but I did get an answer to my problem from Acura tech services.:(

The problem was that after signing up for Acuralink Connect and downloading the app to my iPhone 4S I could only get to the terms and services agreement page and no farther. It turns out that the app only supports iPhone 5 and up even though I am running the latest IOS on my iPhone. I can still access Acuralink Connect via web browser (Safari) on iPhone but it is very hard to use that way as the pages are not formatted properly. So, I guess, I will either have to do any destination programming on my computer or do it through the car's navigation system as it is a lot easier than trying to play with the web page on the iPhone.::crying::

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have used Acuralink connect, and it seems to have good potential. I like that I can lock my doors remotely - there have been a few times where I have forgotten to lock the doors. The connection speed via Iphone6 is a little slow, but it eventually shows the car's status.

One feature that I wish it had was the ability to load Google map destinations to the car. I see that using the Acuralink Map program I can load GPS destinations to the car via the cloud, but Google maps is much better than the Acuralink map program.

·
Registered
102 Posts
One feature that I wish it had was the ability to load Google map destinations to the car. I see that using the Acuralink Map program I can load GPS destinations to the car via the cloud, but Google maps is much better than the Acuralink map program.
Is what you mean is that you want to use the Google calculated route? Destinations are destinations. If you find the place with the Acrualink Map app and load it to the car, the car Nav system then computes the route. So it really does not matter how the Accuralink map program would have directed you.

But still, Google does easily let you pick route alternatives. It would be nice to load the route choice, not just the destination.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Is what you mean is that you want to use the Google calculated route? Destinations are destinations. If you find the place with the Acrualink Map app and load it to the car, the car Nav system then computes the route. So it really does not matter how the Accuralink map program would have directed you.

But still, Google does easily let you pick route alternatives. It would be nice to load the route choice, not just the destination.

I guess I'm talking more about the Acuralink map program. To me it is not as intuitive as Apple Maps or Google Maps. Apple Maps is even integrated with Siri, so if I ask Siri to find something, the maps program comes up. Would be nice to just send whatever comes up to my TLX instead of having bring up yet another map program.

But alas, these are indeed first world problems...

·
Registered
20 Posts
AcuraLink connection Speed

I have a Samsung S5 with the Acuralink App. It loads quickly but takes forever to get to the 3rd bar to connect with the car. About 2-3 min? Does anyone else with a S5 have this slow connection? I was unable to connect at all for several days last week. It only showed the status of the car back in mid May. Anybody else have this problem?

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I have an iPhone and I also have a delay getting to the third bar. While not ideal I think it's normal.

The ability to connect to the car will be dependant on where you park and the ability to communicate with it. Was it parked in an area where the signal could have been blocked?

·
Registered
55 Posts
With how slow it is to connect I have a feeling it uses 3G instead of 4G.

·
Super Moderator
1,007 Posts
Same experience with the app and the third bar. My car was parked in the clear, open area of the company parking lot. After the connection (completed the third bar) it was rather snappy. But it still seemed to slow down when you switched to another part of the app. Either Maps, My Vehicle, Profile or Assist Services. But as I sit here, it is now snappy!!
Just found that hitting the + got you another sub-menu to directly go to separate areas within My Vehicle directly. Cool!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts